x

Square Register - print ONLY online orders

I'm using Square Register connected to a Star printer.  I'm using the Orderspoon app to accept online orders.  I want to print the order tickets only for the online orders that come in - not for the orders that we manually enter in while standing at the register.  I can only figure out how to make it be all one way or the other.  Is it possible to just auto-print online orders?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Okay, I just got confirmation from our Product Team that CS is correct - There is a parity gap btwn iOS devices and the Register that runs off different software.  The Register's printer settings do not support the differentiation between in-person orders and online orders at this time. 

Sorry for the mix up, but they are working to close those gaps as we speak. @jmsd27 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Try Settings > Hardware > Printers >  Online Order Tickets > Toggle on. Then go back to the Printers page to make sure In-Person order tickets are disabled. 

Not sure if this works with orders ushered through 3rd party apps like Orderspoon though. Try it and let me know how it goes. 

@jmsd27

Justin
Message 2 of 12

Thanks for the reply.  I don't have an option on my software to disable in-person orders.  The only option I have on the Printers page is to print order tickets or not.

Message 3 of 12

@jmsd27

Hmm, and the software is up to date correct? 

Justin
Message 4 of 12

I assume it is?  I've had it less than a year.  It's connected to the internet, so I assume it gets regular updates.  I called Square support the other day and they told me there wasn't any way to just enable online only order printing, short of creating a category just for only orders and then disabling order printing for all other categories.

@JustinC 

Message 5 of 12

Hmm, I just checked using the POS app on my iPhone. Must be a limitation with the Square Register I assume. Did you talk to CS before or after your initial post. 

Justin
Message 6 of 12

@JustinC I talked to the a day or so after the original post

Message 7 of 12

Best Answer

Okay, I just got confirmation from our Product Team that CS is correct - There is a parity gap btwn iOS devices and the Register that runs off different software.  The Register's printer settings do not support the differentiation between in-person orders and online orders at this time. 

Sorry for the mix up, but they are working to close those gaps as we speak. @jmsd27 

Justin

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 12

Makes sense.  Thanks for the update and your help.

Message 9 of 12

Justin, Has this fix been completed? 

Message 10 of 12

I can confirm this still isn't working on the square register, oddly enough it worked perfectly fine on the free version, but not the $60 a month version I'm using now, which is frustrating to say the least.   I  figured the paid version would have everything  the free one does plus a whole more for the cost to go to $60 a month from $0 a month

Message 11 of 12

IMG_20210910_131408__01.jpg

IMG_20210910_132722__01.jpg

Message 12 of 12