x

Square Terminal + Invoices

Hello, I'm going to be ordering a Terminal next month, I Googled to read up on it, but can't find a few things. First, I'm assuming it's like the POS app on my iPhone and I can create invoices directly on it right? I haven't used my Square reader in like 3 years, so I've never generated an invoice. I created a test one online tonight to see how it works. I can mark it as POS for payment. On the iPhone app I'm not seeing an option for that when I create one. If I want to let my customer pay on my Terminal, is there any way I can create an invoice that gets emailed as paid directly from the Terminal?  I hope this makes sense, I might be explaining it poorly.  

Also, when the signature screen comes up, if you turn the Terminal sideways, does the screen rotate?

And an invoice question, why is there no way to search them for items? I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but when I hover over the search bar it pops up telling me what I can search for. It seems very limiting that I can't search for items. Is there any way around this? I detail cars and being able to search all my invoices for people who got specific add-ons, or certain packages would be a life saver.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

You can create invoices from the terminal. the easiest way is to ring the sale and then select Invoice as a payment option. Here is a how to page that gives you all kinds of info.  

For signature you don't put the terminal on it side you just sign on it the way it sits.

You are correct Invoice searching is limited.  The only thing you can do is print a copy of the invoice for yourself.  Until the invoice is paid there is not much you can do with it as far as searching and filtering go.

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Jumping in on this - I use the PC dashboard to create invoices usually because the physical keyboard is easier to add all the details.  However, most people pay their invoices in person so I use the POS app/card reader to take payment.

Is accessing the invoice list similar to the POS app?  In other words, would I be able to click the drop down menu, choose invoices and find the outstanding one I need to take payment?

@RHatch says " ring the sale and then select Invoice as a payment option" which is different.  Just trying to get some clarification on the process.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @cmusicshop great question, so yes, to confirm, you can pay an invoice through the  Square Terminal and the process will be almost identical to paying an invoice in the Point of Sale app. You will need to select the invoice you need payment for, scroll until you see "Add Payment", then choose "Charge $xx.xx now."

I hope this helps and please let me know if you would like more clarification. Have a nice day! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

It does and thanks.  I watched a couple of videos regarding the terminal to see more of what the screen looked like (for workflow reasons) as well as menu options (for accessibility reasons).

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I'm happy to help!! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6