x
Super Seller Alumni

Square Terminal Review by a Seasoned User

I've been using Square since 2012.  I jumped on Square Terminal as soon as it became available for my "mobile" and, most of the time,  extremely busy business.

This past weekend was my first terminal usage since the Fall of 2020 due to you know what.  Sometime in the interim, there was a dramatic change in the software.  For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to complete cash sales!  I stumbled and apologized to my early morning customers.

Fortunately, it was a slow Saturday so I had a chance to play around with the software.  By mid-day I mastered the software upgrade and now I love it!  This is a major change that I welcome but if you are like me and you have operated your business on an earlier version you will need to get up to speed.  I can see that the addition of many of the current features will make transactions faster than ever.  I particularly like the generous favorite page.  I put one of my more popular art product categories that can be quickly selected by sight rather than through a punched-in search by code.

Only one wish for the future.  If I make a mistake on one item, as we all know, we must start over completely.  Wouldn't it be nice to be able to delete only one of several items and enter the corrected item?  All's well that ends well...I love the new software!  Hat's off and Congrats on this major upgrade.   By the way it is not 3:48 AM in the Eastern Time Zone!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @ber!! Thanks for your detailed review and happy to see you back in business using the Terminal!!

As for your 'one wish, happy to say it's come true! You're able to delete the item by tapping Current Sale at the top of checkout to pull up the items added for purchase, then swipe left to remove. 

Let me know if you're still having issues with this. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @ber!! Thanks for your detailed review and happy to see you back in business using the Terminal!!

As for your 'one wish, happy to say it's come true! You're able to delete the item by tapping Current Sale at the top of checkout to pull up the items added for purchase, then swipe left to remove. 

Let me know if you're still having issues with this. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

I love it when an issue that concerns me is resolved before I realize it.  Thanks for your response.Brian

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thank you very much for this post @ber! I've pinned it to the homepage for today so that more sellers can read it! 🎉

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

Hi everybody, it is my first time in the seller’s community, so I don’t have much to say yet, other than give thanks to all of you  that “illuminate” me.  I also noticed the changes during the lockdown and could play with it a little bit.  Awesome improvements 

All the best 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @Levizita, welcome to the Seller Community! We are very very grateful to all the great comments and feedback we see in the Community. Looking forward to seeing you around the Community in future!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 6