x
Beta Member

Square Text Messaging vs. Email = SMS Works

I've been testing this for several months and have found that your ability to text message customers is MIND BLOWING.  We've generated $10's of thousands of dollars in revenue.  I put together a video for the seller community here: https://youtu.be/F9b9wiJEt8Y  Don't forget to subscribe or ask me anything.  Video:  https://youtu.be/F9b9wiJEt8Y 

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 6.56.40 PM.png

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

This was SUPER helpful! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Best Answer

This was SUPER helpful! 

Message 2 of 13

Great video. We've been on the fence. I wonder if you could do an update video, since this was back in December. Has anything changed for better or worse?

Message 3 of 13

Hello.  Thank you for the insight.  When a message goes out does it say the business name and phone number or Square or what ?  I personally hesitate to open messages from unknowns when they are not in my contacts.

thanks

lois

Message 4 of 13
Admin

Hey @CannedFresh

Thanks for your reply.

It depends on whether you customize the text message or not. Generically, this is what it looks like:

You can see here it says the name of their business, my name and the details of the appointments. Looks like the business owner choose not to have their business phone number in the text.

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 13

Hi, i know this is a long time ago, but i finally found helpful info with the square community. anyways, i dont have the text option on my square marketing page. I need help on how to get it? Can you help me please?

Message 6 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello @bbla

And welcome to our Seller Community, we're glad to have you. 

You can find more information about the program and start your free trial here

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

I found it and started it. Thanks! 

Message 8 of 13

Can anyone from square provide some information on when this feature will be available in Canada? There are many other apps/websites/services that claim to do SMS marketing in compliance with the Canadian regulations so I am wondering why square is unable to do the same?

I would rather keep it all within square (given that I already have a square marketing subscription) but I can’t afford to forgo the additional revenue simply because can anyone with square please advise on the timeline when this whole new available to their Canadian clients?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

I use Square when my customers pay wirh debit/credit card so I guess I have there contact info? Sometimes I put their email for receipt and sometimes their phone number. What about my customers that don't ask for a receipt and what about my customers that pay cash?

Message 10 of 13

Hi @Tina54321 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

Yes, to be able to reach your customers via email or text marketing, they would need to opt-in to provide you with their contact information.

You can collect customer information at the time of purchase by utilizing the Customer Directory tool! Square’s Customer Directory is a contact management tool where you can store customer information, view how they interact with your business, and engage with them – all in one place.

Here is a helpful Getting Started guide that will walk you through setup and usage.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 11 of 13

How do you guys deal with TCPA Compliance on this??????  

Message 12 of 13

Hi @mpass10 - Thanks for following up on this thread.

If you're interested, you can view our Privacy Policy for buyers here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 13 of 13