x
Beta Member

Square + WooCommerce + Quickbooks

Hey Everyone,

I am new to Square but we are adding the POS system to our business. We are really excited about the reporting and features it provides. We also have a WooCommerce site and use Quickbooks Online for accounting. Does anyone have any comments/suggestions on how connect everything together? In an ideal world, we would want inventory, sales, and customers to be tracked across all three platforms. Has anyone found issues with connecting either of these systems?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Welcome to Square and the Square Seller Community @Abbotts! 😀

You can sync your WooCommerce site and your Quickbooks account from your Square Dashboard!

You may also find the following Support Center articles useful while you're getting started:

If you have any specific questions about either integration, let us know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I may not be much help but we also have WooCommerce, Square, and Quickbooks online connected. The app that syncs Square to your WooCommerce store is helpful in keeping up with inventory (if you have a brick and mortar and online store). It also helps to have all of our sales (in-store and online) in one place and on the same report.

Quickbooks integration took a bit more time for us to master, and we are still having some issues here and there with features that seem to be lacking. There is another app that will connect your Square and QBO account so your sales will reflect in your QBO account. It's been over a year since we did that integration and I wasn't the person that did it but it was simple enough for us to figure out on our own.

The only issue we have had thus far is because we also sell Wholesale, which opens up a slew of unique situations that doesn't seem to work as seamlessly as we'd hoped.

Message 3 of 7

The app that syncs Square to your WooCommerce store is helpful in keeping up with inventory (if you have a brick and mortar and online store). It also helps to have all of our sales (in-store and online) in one place and on the same report. Can you sync square with woocommerce just for the inventory purposes rather than selling online using square?

Quickbooks integration took a bit more time for us to master, and we are still having some issues here and there with features that seem to be lacking. There is another app that will connect your Square and QBO account so your sales will reflect in your QBO account. I have synced my square and quickbooks. I havent synced my quickbooks with woocommerce as I currently cant afford the monthly fee they require. If square up and woocommerce are synced will this update quickbooks if square is synced with quickbooks? Or does quickbooks need to be synced directly to Woocommerce?

I have probably confused you a bit but Im not sure how else to explain what I mean 🙂

Many thanks

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hey @moje,

Thanks for getting in touch!

- Can you sync square with woocommerce just for the inventory purposes rather than selling online using square?

This should be fine - while we don't have a WooCommerce account to test with, I imagine that this functionality is independent of choosing your payment provider on WooCommerce. The best people to ask would be WooCommerce, or if you already have this link set up between Square and WC, you could simply try changing your payment provider on WooCommerce.

- If square up and woocommerce are synced will this update quickbooks if square is synced with quickbooks? Or does quickbooks need to be synced directly to Woocommerce?

Square should push your WooCommerce sales data through to QB, if you use Square as a payment system on WooCommerce. If you're using a different card processor on WooCommerce, the sales won't have run through Square and thus won't be pushed from Square to QB. I'm not 100% sure if these WooCommerce sales will be flagged on QB as specifically sales done via WooCommerce, or if they will appear as a generic Square transaction - it's something you might need to test by setting your online payment provider to Square then seeing how these transactions appear when pushed through as data to QB.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Granularity of Transaction Data Passed from WooCommerce to Square (WordPress Site)

This is a sample transaction description that's passed from WooCommerce to Square, along with a total transaction $ amount. Is the underlying data for each transaction passed to Square broken down into the transaction components, i.e., individual inventory or menu item(s) purchased, sales tax by jurisdiction, discount(s), gratuity and payment method? We're considering implementing an inventory management and costing solution (MarginEdge) that will sit between Square and QuickBooks Online. We want to be sure that the data passed from WC to Square will be sufficiently granular for this purpose. Please advise. Thanks!

WCTransDescrpt.PNG

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hello @MBSouers! Have you seen this thread where a few sellers have described how they use all three:

Square + WooCommerce + Quickbooks?

If you have any questions on exactly what information will be available in Quickbooks with this particular set up I recommend calling Quickbooks directly

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 7