x

Can I use two Square readers on the same account?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square and two readers

We are a small museum and have been using Square for some time, we really like its simplicity. We now need to make contactless payments at our main desk and in our shop. We were looking to buy the Square Terminal device as we would not need a cash drawer.

My question is can we use two devices on the same Account and 'Cashier' or do I need to add a second cashier which seems to incur extra charges?

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @David11, thank you for reaching out!

You can use two devices on the same account and be login to process payment simultaneously. If you have staff taking payments on your behalf and would like to control what they can/cannot do, you can take advantage of the free Team Permission which allows you to create a general permission set that will apply to everyone else except you.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @David11, thank you for reaching out!

You can use two devices on the same account and be login to process payment simultaneously. If you have staff taking payments on your behalf and would like to control what they can/cannot do, you can take advantage of the free Team Permission which allows you to create a general permission set that will apply to everyone else except you.

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 9

Thanks, Tra, ill go ahead and purchase the reader. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 9

Just jumping in now thisโ€ฆ I have now purchased a second reader. How do I connect? Do I set up on the other personโ€™s phone with my square login? Iโ€™m not fussed about managing teams just need payment method for occasional second location. Thanks

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Omeda,

Yes, that's right! You'd have to sign in to the Square account on the device you're wanting to take payments on, and pair the reader just like you did on your own phone ๐Ÿ‘ Please let us know how you go!

Message 5 of 9

Hi, sorry jumping in on this too.  I would like to set up a second reader for volunteers at our charity but how do I get round the security aspect in that if they are logged in as me, they would have the same permissions as I would?

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RTU, welcome to the Seller Community! Team management is the tool you need to give your volunteers restricted access to your account and allow them to take donations. 

Please do not share your login credentials with your volunteers. Instead, you can create a team member profile for each of your volunteers and set up Team permission with restricted access within Team section of your Dashboard. Your volunteers will be able to create their login with their email and use the reader as a team member. To learn more, please visit our Support Centre

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Emma
Message 7 of 9

Hey๐Ÿ˜€, I would like to jump in.

I also have two terminals for our small business. How can I know which one is taking payments in the app?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hello @Sorenlaurenson ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for posting!

Are you using two different mobiles/tablets with the Readers? If so, you can give the mobile device a nickname and that way you can differentiate the sales. 

More info here. 

Let me know if this works for you. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 9 of 9