x

Square for Payroll pricing

I am getting ready to sign up for Square Payroll, I have a small family owned business with 5 paid employees.  I've read many threads on this but am still confused...  If I pay for Square payroll, do I have to subscribe/pay to Square Timesheets and Square employee management to be able to be have square import my tips for me for tip pooling and pay out?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

I'm really sorry for the confusion @Sweetalicious! There are two Payroll services: one for Contractors Only (suitable for business who need to hire self-employed contractors) and another for Employees and Contractors (suitable if you hire 1099 contractors and W-2 Employees).

It sounds like the Employees and Contractors service is what you're looking for - it costs $29/month + $5 per person paid per month and includes tip calculations and importing, and timecards for employees.

This Support Center article might help as it shows a breakdown of exactly which features are included in each service, and it has the fee for each too: Square Payroll Pricing & Features

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

Does Square only charge a $5.00 fee when payout of a worker takes place?

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Yes, $5 per contract you pay during a payroll cycle. If you're paying contractors and employees, a monthly fee of $29 is tacked on. 

@J3z-3r

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Admin

As of June 1, 2023 that price of Square Payroll will increase by $1 per person paid, from $5 to $6. The base subscription fee will remain unchanged at $35 per month.

You can pause or close your Square Payroll account at any time. Please visit our support center to learn more about managing your Square Payroll subscription. If you have questions, we are always happy to help. 

Message 5 of 5