x

Square for Restaurants: How do I make changes to an order?

I downloaded the square for Restaurants trial and I’m very confused on how orders work. I ring up an order and my only option is pay or send. Obviously there should be a save button right? I don’t have a kitchen printer nor do I want that option. Once I press send I can no longer delete that item off the order. Some clarification would be helpful. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @George1991, sorry for for the confusion. You should be able to open a check and make changes from the Actions ection of the app (it'll appear on the bottom of the screen). This Support Center article has details on how to navigate to the Actions section and how to make changes to a check. That article has a video too which I hope helps. If you have any additional questions let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

@Helen so my only option to ring up an order is by tapping send? The problem is sometimes a waitress rings up an order wrong, there is no way for me to reopen an order and delete an item. There is no way I’m voiding multiple orders a day. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hi again @George1991. If servers pass the orders to the kitchen without the printer you can tap Send - when you tap Send you can still make changes to the order. If you tap Save it means you don't want to make any changes to the check. 

If you have an Open Ticket - and you want to make changes to an item in that ticket- the only option once you have sent/committed changes is to Void the ticket. This is intentional to prevent employee fraud (i.e. if they were allowed to delete items, then they could easily charge for something and pocket the overage). 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4