x

Square terminal compatible with Square’s online store?

Is it possible to have orders from Square's online store sent directly to the Square terminal and have the terminal print out receipts to each order? Right now, notifications for online orders are only being sent out in the form of an email.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 1 of 44
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Square terminal compatible with Square’s online store?

Hi there, @markwu 👋 Happy to have you here on the Seller Community! Thanks for taking the time to post your question - we hope we can be of some help.

Here is a helpful resource for setting up and managing your Online Store orders directly from your mobile app or Terminal! The article should also include the general setup for your printer to accept and automatically print the orders as they come in.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to help.

1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Yes it does work now! Sorry that I'm just now seeing your response to my comment.  Square rolled out a feature update sometime in February or March that officially added this feature to the terminal!

View Best Answer >

Message 32 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @markwu 👋 Happy to have you here on the Seller Community! Thanks for taking the time to post your question - we hope we can be of some help.

Here is a helpful resource for setting up and managing your Online Store orders directly from your mobile app or Terminal! The article should also include the general setup for your printer to accept and automatically print the orders as they come in.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 44

Hey Joe, thanks for replying to my post. I looked through the webpage you linked, but I was unable to find anything regarding the Square terminal. I tried connecting the terminal as a printer through the printer setting in the Square app, but I was unable to find a bluetooth option in the terminal that would allow me to link it to the app.

Message 3 of 44

Hi there, @markwu! So sorry for the confusion here. The appropriate section in that resource should be titled Manage Orders from the App. You will find all appropriate steps under that heading!

Also one other quick clarification, currently the only printers that are compatible with the Square Terminal will be USB/Ethernet printers. 

Joe
Message 4 of 44

Hey Joe! Unfortunately I was still unable to find what I was looking for. I'm looking for an option to have the Square terminal print out receipts of online orders taken from Square's online site. Whenever someone orders from the site, I receive an email of their order. However, I want the Square terminal to automatically print out the receipt of said order. I know online orders show up in the terminal under transactions, so I assume there is a way for the terminal to print out that said transaction automatically.

Message 5 of 44

Sorry for the confusion here, @markwu - I appreciate you clarifying that for me.

Currently, the only hardware option that will automatically print Online Orders will be the Square Register. While the Terminal does not offer this ability just yet, we hope to bring Online Order printing to the Terminal at a later time. 

Joe
Message 6 of 44
Beta Member

So is there any update yet? Having the same situation here. 

Message 7 of 44

I agree, this is a functionality that would be great to have. Our POS with cash drawer got stolen yesterday morning, so we have to hand write online orders that come in until our new POS arrives. We have 2 terminals we use in our dining room, but they don't automatically print out the online orders, and if someone isn't checking the emails, we miss one. Luckily customers are fairly understanding and we haven't had to refund anyone for missing items or orders yet.

Message 8 of 44

Agreed, we desperately need our Square Terminal to print Online Order Receipts. I can't believe it doesn't have this option. I bought two last night with the intention of going to ORDERS and printing the receipt for pickup orders.  

Message 9 of 44

has this functionality been added to the terminal yet? this is crucial for many small businesses that are trying to survive right now

Message 10 of 44
Alumni

@s0ldats not yet, we'll let you know when we have news to share. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Justin
Message 11 of 44

@markwu Did you ever find a solution for this. I can't believe we can't print online pickup orders on the Square Terminal. Did you create a work around?

Message 12 of 44

It's important to allow terminal automatic print online store orders amd manage or quick control, even noise notification. During covid 19, all of orders are online take out, we need terminal support online orders access ASAP

Message 13 of 44

We are needing this same functionality. The Square Terminal is a great device, but if I cannot be notified of and view Online Orders through the Terminal, then I will need to select different hardware for my store. 

I would like to be notified if a solution has been developed for this.

Message 14 of 44

Is there a way to receive online orders ie.. linked Postmates account with square terminal? I see on a tablet,but not on the Square Terminal. It would be really slick if it could receive and automatically print! 

Thanks!

Message 15 of 44
Alumni

@MadBead - At this time, Order Management is not available with the Square Terminal. You'll need to view your orders directly from the Orders tab of Dashboard. This request has been brought to our Product Team's attention already but I'm afraid I don't have any updates to share at the moment. 

We'll let you know here when this changes, so be sure to circle back for future announcements. 

Justin
Message 16 of 44

Will the terminal automatically print a online order

Message 17 of 44
Alumni

@Sweetcreations -

I'm afraid the Square Terminal doesn't support Online Orders right now. You'll need to manage them from the Orders tab of the Dashboard. 

Justin
Message 18 of 44
Beta Member

I only have a square terminal at my coffee shop, no iPad. I’d really like to see/complete my online orders on my Terminal. Instead I guess I’ll have to bring my laptop to work and receive orders that way. 

It would be soooo amazing and helpful during these times to use my Square Terminal to receive my Square online store orders on.

can anyone make this happen?  

Message 19 of 44

Hey! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. I've merged your post with an existing one that verifies your answer - at this time you can only manage orders through the point of sale app or the Square Dashboard. 

We do track these feature requests, so I will be sure to bubble up this feedback. Thank you and let me know if you have any other questions.

AshleyK
Message 20 of 44

Will the order printing work on the 3x6 square terminal? We have a hard time with notifications when an order is placed and it would help us if we could see it print to start working on it. Unless we constantly check the Orders page we don't know an order is there. We have turned on notifications but there is no sound or anything. By the way we can't see orders on our terminal only from the app on our phone or tablet.

Message 21 of 44