x

Square terminal compatible with Square’s online store?

Is it possible to have orders from Square's online store sent directly to the Square terminal and have the terminal print out receipts to each order? Right now, notifications for online orders are only being sent out in the form of an email.

Thanks,

Mark

Message 1 of 44
1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Square terminal compatible with Square’s online store?

Hi there, @markwu 👋 Happy to have you here on the Seller Community! Thanks for taking the time to post your question - we hope we can be of some help.

Here is a helpful resource for setting up and managing your Online Store orders directly from your mobile app or Terminal! The article should also include the general setup for your printer to accept and automatically print the orders as they come in.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to help.

1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Yes it does work now! Sorry that I'm just now seeing your response to my comment.  Square rolled out a feature update sometime in February or March that officially added this feature to the terminal!

View Best Answer >

Message 32 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Alumni

@POAD - Not yet 😔 The Square Terminal doesn't support online orders but it's in the works 😉

I moved you to a thread where the Product Team is tracking this feature request so we can easily find you when there's an update is available. Be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive notifications.

Hang tight! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 44

That would be GREAT!

Message 23 of 44

Please add me to this thread. I need it too!

Message 24 of 44

Hello! I have lots of pick up orders on one day next week. I want to:

1. Get a summary of orders, such as On Wednesday you have order for 

-3 black shirts

-4 blue shirts

-3 orange shirts

Even better if I can get the info by location, as we have multiple pickup locations.

2. Be able to print a packing slip for pick-up orders. 

Message 25 of 44
Beta Member

Did any one find a solution for this ? i don't see the option to access the orders received online from the square terminal 

Message 26 of 44
Alumni

Not yet but I moved you to a thread where the product Team is tracking everyone requesting order mgt on the Terminal. 

Stay subscribed to this thread so you can get updates. @jandrtacos

Justin
Message 27 of 44
Beta Member

It is so annoying not to have "Order" section in the square terminal. And also when  you wanna print the order doesnt print the variations.

Message 28 of 44
Beta Member

I have never got an answer how come the square terminal doesn't have the Order option or print variation from online orders.

Message 29 of 44
Beta Member

I guess I'm confused as to why, if this isn't a feature, there is a support article on Square's website describing in step-by-step detail how to manage online orders on the terminal?? 

Here's the article: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7193-manage-orders-on-square-terminal

Additionally, I'm running the latest software version (4.22.0032) and I can clearly see, under "Settings" a menu option titled "Orders". When I click into it, I have the ability to allow alerts for when an order is received and also choose the frequency in which those alert chime at me (Immediately or Every 5, 15 or 30 mins). This is the same setting feature used for online order notifications I use on my register systems and on the Square app on my phone

So maybe it's in Beta right now? Or....who knows? 

While I do have 2 registers at my shop, its pretty inconvenient to make status updates on the orders on them as they are usually being used to take orders from customers who visit our cafe in person. So it really disrupts the flow and makes the customers who are visiting us in person wait longer.

We have a staging area for all online orders and also have a spare Square Terminal hanging around. Was really hoping to place the terminal in this staging area to make it more convenient for our staff to update the status of the online orders as they take those tickets and complete them. This way they don't interrupt our in-person customers placing orders

Would love to be added to a Beta test of this feature if y'all are in the process of testing it out on the Terminal! Orrrrr maybe there's an update as to the status of this feature being rolled out?? 😁🤞🏻

Message 30 of 44

Did you get it to work?

Message 31 of 44
Beta Member

Best Answer

Yes it does work now! Sorry that I'm just now seeing your response to my comment.  Square rolled out a feature update sometime in February or March that officially added this feature to the terminal!

Message 32 of 44

Does anyone know how to get the terminal set up so I can even view Online Orders on the terminal? I have the ability to manage these in the app, but bought the terminal to handle this and new payments and cannot figure out how to get access to online orders on the terminal?

Message 33 of 44
Admin

Hey @thespark43,

We have a guide on setting up orders on Terminal here.

Hope this helps 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 34 of 44
Beta Member

When will order management be available on the terminal. We just revamped our website and switched to Square and the terminal doesn't offer order management. We are now stuck with having 2 devices when we are open - one to take payments and one to keep track of orders. 

Message 35 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Kavita and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this feature is being tracked.

If it ever does become available or we do have an update, we'll be sure to update the thread!

Ashley C
Message 36 of 44

Does anyone know if the square terminal prints orders?  

Message 37 of 44

Hi @WendyUnwind Welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread where @grovetealounge helps to answer your question. Here is also a help article to get you on your feet with order management and the Square Terminal.

AshleyK
Message 38 of 44

Add us to the list of people who need this feature.

Message 39 of 44

need this feature!! it's such a kludgy interface. there's no reason why terminal can't print tickets from online orders, while the register can.

Message 40 of 44

I have hundred of pickup orders on one day next week. I need square to help me know how many of each product was purchased on each day. I also need packing slips to attach to the bags for customer clarity and so I know what to put in each bag.

I want to print the slips from a regular printer connected to my MacBook, not a thermal printer. Thx!

Message 41 of 44

Hi @pieq4,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to our Seller Community 👋

You can export a list of your orders into a .CSV file, which you can then print directly from your computer, with a regular printer. To export your orders:

1. Log in to your Square Online Dashboard.

2. Select the Orders tab from the menu on the left. 

3. Click Export Orders in the top left hand corner. The file will be emailed to you. 

If you have multiple locations, you can toggle between locations in your Square Online Dashboard as well. 

To print out individual orders, select an order from the order tab. You'll be able to print orders from there. While they're not picking slips, they'll list what each order includes. 

I hope this helps, lease let us know how you go!

Message 42 of 44