x

Stand mount Adhesive not sticking well

I just got a new register drawer (This one) and just attached the adhesive to the bottom of our stand.It's not sticking very well though. On each spin, the stand slips a little on the surface. Any advise on a better sticking system?

Thanks! 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

@Lima @VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for the tips! 

@cmonster42 - You could also reach out directly and request a new sticker. Maybe you just got a bad one.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 15

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the tips. I figured out that the problem is not the adhesive. It was that when I screwed that plate onto my stand, I did it to finger tight, since that was as far as I could go. When I stuck it down, the adhesive was working so well that it didn't need that much tork to unscrew slightly and thus feel like it was going past the stop on the stand. So I just turned the whole stand so it tightened down on the plate itself and got it real tight, thanks to the strength of the adhesive. It's now fine.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Beta Member

When I do install on metal mount I use   http://amzn.to/2j5vczB
(Stick it to do existing tape, press for couple hours.)

I prefer drilling the drawer box   (bigger hole on bottom and smaller on top, bigger for screwdriver to pass)
and securing It with screw. ( I get screw from homedepot and cut it so it clears drawer)

Message 2 of 15
Super Seller

I don't know what to tell you but one of our setups is exactly this, with the sticky adhesive from the square stand directly to the vesario cash drawer and you can pick up the stand and the drawer will come off the counter.  all the rest are bolted directly to the counter.  3M makes spray cans of adhesive that you could try.

Message 3 of 15
Square

Best Answer

@Lima @VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for the tips! 

@cmonster42 - You could also reach out directly and request a new sticker. Maybe you just got a bad one.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 15

Hi, we need a new adhesive disk for our square stand and I can't seem to track one down. Does anyone have any suggestions? I called Square and they said they don't stock them anymore. 😞

Message 5 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @greenecanteen! Welcome to the Community!

We should still have replacement adhesive mounts that we can provide for free.

Can you send me a DM so I can get some shipping information from you and I can get someone on our Customer Success team to send one out if it is available? 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 15

@ashc Thank you! My shipping address is [personal information redacted]

Thanks!

-The Greene Canteen

Message 7 of 15

No problem @greenecanteen!

I'm placing the order now and I also redacted your personal information from your post since this is a public forum for your privacy purposes.

You should be receiving a confirmation email for the order shortly! 🙂

Ashley C
Message 8 of 15

Thanks! I tried to DM you but the site kept giving me an error. 

Message 9 of 15

@greenecanteen No worries! I placed the order as well so you should be seeing the confirmation email now. 

Ashley C
Message 10 of 15

Hi I’m in the same situation I need a new adhesive mount! Could you let me know how to proceed. Thanks!

Message 11 of 15

Hey @Lev2sthyacinthe,

Thanks for writing in & welcome to our community 🙂 👋

You can reach out directly to our team and request a new sticker. 

Message 12 of 15

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the tips. I figured out that the problem is not the adhesive. It was that when I screwed that plate onto my stand, I did it to finger tight, since that was as far as I could go. When I stuck it down, the adhesive was working so well that it didn't need that much tork to unscrew slightly and thus feel like it was going past the stop on the stand. So I just turned the whole stand so it tightened down on the plate itself and got it real tight, thanks to the strength of the adhesive. It's now fine.

Message 13 of 15

We need replacement adhesive for our stand as we are moving it.  How do we get that?  

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Hi @pelicanspoq - Check out @Sean's best answer from above! You can give our team a call to get a new sticker!

Message 15 of 15