x
cmonster42

Stand mount Adhesive not sticking well

I just got a new register drawer (This one) and just attached the adhesive to the bottom of our stand.It's not sticking very well though. On each spin, the stand slips a little on the surface. Any advise on a better sticking system?

Thanks! 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
cmonster42

Re: Stand mount Adhesive not sticking well

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the tips. I figured out that the problem is not the adhesive. It was that when I screwed that plate onto my stand, I did it to finger tight, since that was as far as I could go. When I stuck it down, the adhesive was working so well that it didn't need that much tork to unscrew slightly and thus feel like it was going past the stop on the stand. So I just turned the whole stand so it tightened down on the plate itself and got it real tight, thanks to the strength of the adhesive. It's now fine.

Message 5 of 5
4 Replies
Lima

When I do install on metal mount I use   http://amzn.to/2j5vczB
(Stick it to do existing tape, press for couple hours.)

I prefer drilling the drawer box   (bigger hole on bottom and smaller on top, bigger for screwdriver to pass)
and securing It with screw. ( I get screw from homedepot and cut it so it clears drawer)

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

I don't know what to tell you but one of our setups is exactly this, with the sticky adhesive from the square stand directly to the vesario cash drawer and you can pick up the stand and the drawer will come off the counter.  all the rest are bolted directly to the counter.  3M makes spray cans of adhesive that you could try.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@Lima @VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for the tips! 

@cmonster42 - You could also reach out directly and request a new sticker. Maybe you just got a bad one.

Message 4 of 5
cmonster42

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the tips. I figured out that the problem is not the adhesive. It was that when I screwed that plate onto my stand, I did it to finger tight, since that was as far as I could go. When I stuck it down, the adhesive was working so well that it didn't need that much tork to unscrew slightly and thus feel like it was going past the stop on the stand. So I just turned the whole stand so it tightened down on the plate itself and got it real tight, thanks to the strength of the adhesive. It's now fine.

Message 5 of 5