x

Syncing Appointments with Google Calendar - Personal Events as well as Actual Appointments?

Exporting from Square Appointments to Google Calendar seems to work great for the actual appointments.  But is there a way to have "personal events" entered in Square Appointments sync over the Google, also?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hello @AnnieCVSMT2

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Do you mind providing us an example of what you are trying to achieve? Are you looking to link your own personal calendar to also appear on your Appointments view through Google calendar? 

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for getting in touch.  We are exporting from Square Appointments to a Google calendar.  When we do this the appointments export, but the personal events we have scheduled on Square don't export.    The way we would use this is, for example, building in a lunch break between appointments.  We would create the personal event "lunch break" in Square Appointments, but this does not appear to export to Google Calendar like an appointment would.  I hope that makes sense.

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Hi @AnnieCVSMT2,

Thank you for your patience. I have confirmed that at this time, the ability to sync personal events created in our system is not available. 

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 11

Thanks!  Your help is appreciated.

Message 5 of 11

It seems odd to offer integration, but only part of the way without any mention of not integrating personal events. I hope this functionality is built out soon. I am looking for Square to make my business more efficient. This is a big enough issue to make me consider other platforms. 

Message 6 of 11

Hi, 

I agree, this would be a useful feature. For example, right now if I want to book a personal event I have to go to my square to make sure there is no conflict before entering the event into my google calendar. Two steps. Or, if I enter my personal event on my square calendar I then have to also enter into my google calendar. Again two steps.  I am hoping square brings this feature as having two calendars always risks accidents and thus being double scheduled!

Dawn

Message 7 of 11

I would like to see personal events link to google as well

Message 8 of 11

Hopefully you can created this feature. 

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jdazzo12,

Welcome to The Seller Community. Happy you reach out!

Yes, this has been added as feature to Appointments Plus . You can find more information on how to sync the personal calendar here

Please reach back out if you need anything else. Always happy to assist!

Message 10 of 11

I have appointments plus and the personal events are not syncing. 

Dawn

Message 11 of 11