x

Taking payment without creating an invoice?

Let me put it a few ways so maybe i can make sense of the question i am asking...

- Is there a way my technician can accept payment on service calls without creating an invoice?

- OR can i apply a transaction to a customer and create an invoice from there?

- OR is there a way you can you put in a total $ amount then swipe the card without creating an invoice??

Hope those make sense! I really enjoy the simplicity of this program when it comes to most areas of it but if i don't find a way around this then i am going to have to look into another invoicing program that allows me to take payment without having to do an invoice. I knew Square was a more retail-focused program but had to make a program switch during the beginning of a pandemic and it was a life-saver to me learn quickly. Which explains the reason for my question....my techs are not as technology savvy and a bit more "old school" when it comes to doing service calls...they don't have time or desire to mess with all the work of creating a semi-detailed invoice that myself and most customers prefer to have. 

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes! 🙂

THANK YOU KINDLY!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Do you have a smartphone you use to collect payments? If so, get the Square Point of Sale app! I have been using square for 3 years to collect payments for beauty services and I have never had to create an invoice for payment (unless the client does a no-show). All i do is type in the amount and swipe the client's card. Or I go in and create set items with prices, and when it comes time to checkout, I click the item button and it will have the price pulled up for me plus the service they received. 

If you are using square on your web for checkout, there is a Virtual Terminal on your dashboard in the menu bar!

I hope I answered your questions or at least one of them! 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your reply! However do you know if you can apply those transactions to an invoice that you create at a later time? Because i need to have the invoice so I have a customer service history for looking back and referencing part and model numbers since we are an appliance repair business. 

DOes that make sense? It kind of sounds dumb bc it is as if i am totally not using invoices "the way they are intended for" but i still need records in my customer database. 

Message 3 of 4

I see what you mean and I really like how you utilize invoices! Unfortunately I do not see an option for that at all 😞 I keep all my client records in their "customer" profile notes on Square since I am appointment-based, and that helps me a lot because their transaction and records are all on one page! I'm sure having to completely change your record keeping is not ideal--I'm very sorry I wasn't able to help find an answer that would make taking transactions more smooth!!

Message 4 of 4