x
Highlighted
Admin

Tax Season and 1099-K Forms with Square

Tax season is quickly approaching and we want to make sure you have what you need from Square. Take a look at the info below and let us know if you still have questions! 

1099-K Forms

Square will provide a 1099-K form for you if you did more than $20,000 in gross sales from goods or services in the calendar year AND completed more than 200 transactions in the calendar year. 

If you qualify, you'll see a link to download your 1099-K form on the Tax Forms tab of your Square Dashboard. Keep in mind that this form will be available after January 31st. 

Square_Dashboard.png

If you don't qualify for a 1099-K, you can still calculate your year-end sales report (including fee information) from the Sales Summary tab of your Square Dashboard.

Pro Tip

If your tax form page on the Square Dashboard is loading slowly, try downloading your 1099 from this link

Still have questions? Read more about Square tax reporting and form 1099-K or post here in the community - we'll be happy to help you out! 

Message 1 of 58
57 Replies
van5611dg

Re: Tax Season and 1099-K Forms with Square

I dont see my  Form 1099 yet?

Message 2 of 58
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

They're not available for 2016 yet.  They will be before the end of the month.

Message 3 of 58
Admin

Thanks @VanKalkerFarms, I should have mentioned that detail earlier. @van5611dg - check back at the end of the month and if you qualify for a 1099, it should be available. 

Message 4 of 58
jvermilyea

My 1099 is not avavilable and it they tell me that they are having a problem with issuing 1099K's because they are having a problem matching Tax ID's with the IRS database.

I have emailed support about 10 times. They just tell me to be patient. No progress report. It is now February 13, a month after I reported the problem.

What do I do Call the IRS and complain?

Message 5 of 58
Admin

@jvermilyea Sorry for the late response. Were you able to download your 1099-K form? If not, let me know and I can help out. 

Message 6 of 58
ciderbite

As the information mentions at the end of the third paragraph, "Keep in mind that this form will be available after January 31st."

Square generally sends us a notification email and you will likely see a notification when you login to your POS and your Dashboard.

Message 7 of 58
Tharrison

Hi, I'm curious as to why I received a 1099-K when my receipts were well under $20,000. I did have more than 200 transactions, but not both. It is confusing to me, because much of the income has already been accounted for in other ways and I didn't think I was getting a 1099-K under the guidelines.

Message 8 of 58
Admin

Good question, @Tharrison. This is likely because you have more than one Square account that shares the same Tax ID. If that's the case, you'll receive a form 1099k for each account if the combined income meets the minimum thresholds. 

We can't say for certain without looking at your account specifically, so if need be feel free to contact us directly. Hope that helps clarify.

Message 9 of 58
dvongsay

I don't see my form 1099 yet

Message 10 of 58