Highlighted

Tax Season and 1099-K Forms with Square

[ Edited ]

Tax season is quickly approaching and we want to make sure you have what you need from Square. Take a look at the info below and let us know if you still have questions! 

1099-K Forms

Square will provide a 1099-K form for you if you did more than $20,000 in gross sales from goods or services in the calendar year AND completed more than 200 transactions in the calendar year. 

If you qualify, you'll see a link to download your 1099-K form on the Tax Forms tab of your Square Dashboard. Keep in mind that this form will be available after January 31st. 

Square_Dashboard.png

If you don't qualify for a 1099-K, keep in mind that you can still calculate your year-end sales report (including fee information) from the Sales Summary tab of your Square Dashboard.

Still have questions? Read more about Square tax reporting and form 1099-K or post here in the community - we'll be happy to help you out! 

Message 1 of 7 (1,052 Views)
6 Replies

Re: Tax Season and 1099-K Forms with Square

I dont see my  Form 1099 yet?

Message 2 of 7 (747 Views)

They're not available for 2016 yet.  They will be before the end of the month.

Message 3 of 7 (729 Views)

Thanks @VanKalkerFarms, I should have mentioned that detail earlier. @van5611dg - check back at the end of the month and if you qualify for a 1099, it should be available. 

Message 4 of 7 (725 Views)

Hi everyone,

I do not qualify for a 1099-K since I fall below the amount & transactions. However, do I still claim my end of year sales since I need to see if I qualify for a tax credit for my dependants?

Message 5 of 7 (450 Views)

I'm sure that will be valuable information for your accountant to know regardless of your specific income through Square.

Message 6 of 7 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @Irene, that's a question your tax professional will likely have the best answer to. 😊

Message 7 of 7 (378 Views)