x

Tax amounts withheld don’t match settings

Where I live, tax is 9.9%... my weebly page is not charging that percentage.. it is charging more.. how can I fix it?.. my settings are correct.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @lesanicely - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! So sorry to hear about the trouble with incorrect tax amounts being applied to your Online Orders. We are here to help!

The amount of sales tax charged on a purchase is determined by applying the tax rate to the total price of all taxable items in an order. Optionally, you can include tax in the item price, and you can charge tax on shipping and delivery fees.

Are you using Automatic Tax Rates for orders placed through your Online Store? If so, where is your business physically located?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you Joe for helping!.. 

I am using automatic tax on my online orders, I live in Edgewood, WA.. our tax rate is 9.9%.

Sometimes the tax charged is correct, and sometimes it is 13.3%.. (so random!)

I’d greatly appreciate any help you can give me, thanks again.

Lesa

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Do you notice the higher rate when certain items are purchased? Some location shave different tax rates depending on the items purchased, although that's a pretty large difference in tax rates.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 4