x
Alumni

Tell Us Your Favorite Customer Service Tip

Hi community! 👋

As part of the Seller Community's first birthday, we'd like you to tell us your favorite customer service tip in one quick sentence. For example: the "customer is always right" or "always listen to what clients have to say." 

Don't forget to vote for your favorite tips by giving them a like! The person with the most likes will get a special surprise from Square HQ! ❤️

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.49.32 PM.png

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

We always use the G.U.E.S.T. approach.

G. Greet each and every customer as soon as they come up to the counter.

U. Understand the customer's needs and fulfill them.

E. Eye Contact, be sure to use direct eye contact with the customer.

S. Suggestive Sell something that goes along with the items your customer is interested in.

T. Thank each and every customer who enters your Store.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

First and foremost,  make sure you're well versed and fluent using Square.

I do very few Square transactions (most of mine are online), and it's important to not bog down the transaction trying to figure out my own gear! 

I always go through the swipe,  chip and tap processes before a show.  Good stuff Square,  thanks. 

Ken Jenkins

Owner/Operator

KJug Guitars 

Message 2 of 16

Treat customers as guests, and the way you would want to be treated.

Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Thank you @scooterjoes and @KJugGuitars - love these! 

Message 4 of 16

When taking cash or check for an invoice, mark the invoice as paid the moment you recieve funds.

Detail: Even if the customer is still present with you, this will help keep your accounting tidy, and keep your customer confident in your dealings. Invoices marked paid at a later date, days, weeks, or months after recieving can cause confusion, and in worst case scenarios disputes.

Message 5 of 16

Always great your customers when they walk on the door. 

Message 6 of 16

I think you mean "greet" 😀

Message 7 of 16

Yes thank you! Posting before coffee 😊

Message 8 of 16

Make sure to thoroughly confirm order and provide receipt for all transactions with a smile. But formost always ask for the refferal!!!

Message 9 of 16

I've been in my freelance business on and off for a few decades now.  I love the Square “Point of Sale” app and functionality!  My suggestion is to add the % cost of transferring your customer payments to your bank INTO the invoice amount you are charging them.  I don't know about anyone else but it drives me crazy that my numbers don't match my records; I feel like I am missing hard earned income.  It is what it is, so work it in; you earned it. 🙂

Message 10 of 16

Ah, I needed to slow down and consider the directions as I do with my business.

I must add... I do not meet a large amount of my clients.  What I wrote not in the service vein as the question asked.  I aplogize. I expressed more of a "when dealing with a cusomer" concern that is: Transfer the cost to the client invoice total.

To that end, I agree with treating ALL clients extremely well! 🙂

Message 11 of 16
Alumni

No worries, @Bean - we appreciate your input about invoices too!  😀

Message 12 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

We always use the G.U.E.S.T. approach.

G. Greet each and every customer as soon as they come up to the counter.

U. Understand the customer's needs and fulfill them.

E. Eye Contact, be sure to use direct eye contact with the customer.

S. Suggestive Sell something that goes along with the items your customer is interested in.

T. Thank each and every customer who enters your Store.

Message 13 of 16
Alumni

Thank you for all your input - great customer service tips all around! As of this morning, @Ron got the most likes for his G.U.E.S.T approach, so I'll be sending him a special gift from Square HQ - two Square t-shirts! @Ron I'll PM you with more details. Well done! 👏

Message 14 of 16

Hello, 

I own a service business. The best things my customers always praise us on is that we call prior to coming over. This allows them to prepare for our arrival. I also tell my technicians keep the customer involved as you go. Meaning, explain the problem you find and then a detailed explanation of the steps you are going to take to remedy this issue. And always show the customer the failed part if any.

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

@FirstSource, thanks for your comment! I love the idea of calling before you arrive - as a customer that would definitely make me feel more prepared! Agree that it's always nice to keep your customer involved in the explanation and help keep them informed of what's going on. Thanks again for the tip! 

Message 16 of 16