x
Beta Member

Tracking Food & Consumable Inventory (Food Truck)

I'm not sure how to add items to track food inventory/costs, plus consumables.  Is this possible?  If so, what is the best way to add and how does it know what is reduced by your menu item?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@vmaroulis square can do item inventory for you, but as far as recipe inventory, this is not currently a feature of square.  There is some software out there that can do this, along with assigning an amount of consumables for you.  It will take your sales report and calculate out a theoretical usage for you to compare what you should have used versus what you actually used.

Now, I personally do not recommend that you do that.  I am an advocate for skipping inventory and using your 4 week rolling purchases average to know what your usage actually is.  You then take this real number combined with your payroll/personnel cost to know what your "prime cost" is.  This is the real number you should look at.

But when you input your item in square, you can choose to "track inventory" or you can print off an item sales report to see how many of each item you sold in any given day, week, month, year, etc.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

@vmaroulis square can do item inventory for you, but as far as recipe inventory, this is not currently a feature of square.  There is some software out there that can do this, along with assigning an amount of consumables for you.  It will take your sales report and calculate out a theoretical usage for you to compare what you should have used versus what you actually used.

Now, I personally do not recommend that you do that.  I am an advocate for skipping inventory and using your 4 week rolling purchases average to know what your usage actually is.  You then take this real number combined with your payroll/personnel cost to know what your "prime cost" is.  This is the real number you should look at.

But when you input your item in square, you can choose to "track inventory" or you can print off an item sales report to see how many of each item you sold in any given day, week, month, year, etc.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2