x

Trouble connecting printer and cash drawer to Square Stand ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ

I have used the POS system with an IPad for about a year.  I recently bought the receipt printer and cash drawer so I can have the whole system.  The instructions are very complicated.  Can anybody help on the set up?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Provide the hardware information of what you have.  Once we know what you are trying to connect we can help out.

Message 2 of 4

Hi.  I currently have the square stand with an IPad.  I purchased the following from square:

• Star CD3 - 16x16  - Printer Driven - Ethernet   Shipper Item # 37965600 (I guess that's the cash drawer)
  • Receipt Printer - Star Micronics  Shipper # 39464011 Description: TSP143IIU GY US

The instructions say to load the CD for the printer into the computer, however, why do I need to do that, when I want to run the cash drawer and receipt printer off the IPad?

Any help would be appreciated

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Here are the instructions for setting up your hardware.  The printer can be connected to many things so the instructions that come with the printer are not specific for Square or any other POS system.

Make sure your iPad has the latest software.  Settings app / General / Software update

Make sure the Square app is the latest version.  App store / update

Connect the Printer via USB to the Square stand.  Connect the Drawer To the printer.

In the Square App go to Menu / settings / printer and set up your printer.

Then go to Menu / settings / drawer and test your drawer.

Message 4 of 4