x

UPS Shipping account

I did sign up for a UPS shipping account through Square during the store website setup. It does show me a UPS account ID and the following message:

“USPS and DHL are connected and ready to use for real-time shipping”

My question is:

-Can I access this UPS account via the UPS webpage.

-How does payment work for shipping? Will Square or UPS automatically charge the customer and keep/take the money?

Thanks 

Thor

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ThorJulie Welcome to the Community! 🎉

You actually can access the UPS account you created through your Square store on ups.com. Are you wanting to use the account number to purchase labels directly on UPS instead of through your online store? 

The customer will pay for shipping depending on the rate you set. All of the funds they pay will be deposited into your Square account, and then you will use the money to pay for the shipping label. UPS will invoice you directly for labels once the package is delivered to the customer. 

Message 2 of 6

How is this done? I tried to add my account number to UPS and I had to have details to add the account that I didn’t have access to 

Message 3 of 6

Welcome to the Seller Community, @jmaneaglefan008 😊

What kind of information did it ask you for? Was it billing invoice information? How long have you had the UPS account active? 

Message 4 of 6

Yes, a lot of billing invoice questions. Account has been active about a month but I haven’t received an invoice 

Message 5 of 6

Based on what I remember about UPS billing, you should receive your first invoice in the mail approximately one month after your first shipment is delivered.

Did you sign up for the account on ups.com? You might be able to reach out to UPS Support to see if they are able to provide that information. 

Message 6 of 6