x

Unable to get passcodes to work with employees clocking in.

When I am logged in as an admin- in my email and account, I click on the clock icon and it asks for a passcode to clock in under. Boom! Easy! THIS is what I'm looking for!

When I log into my store general account, and go to clock in- it clocks in that account automatically. 

I want it to ask for the passcode to clock in. How do I set it up so that no matter what user is logged in, it asks for that code when they try to clock in?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @WeekendAnime thanks for posting about this. I am a little confused, because employee management with passcodes should only work when the account owner is signed into the device. If any other team members are signed into the Point of Sale app, then it would only be under their sign in, so the passcode would not be necessary or functional. Think of it like layering Team Management (A team role, the passcode, within a team role, the log in), which isn't possible. 

Are you certain you are signing in as your Administrator role and not as the owner role?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

OOOOOH. That makes complete sense! I get it now. THANK you. I can fix that no problem now 🙂 I log in using my account then lock it so they use their access codes to get in and have permissions, etc. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@WeekendAnime I'm soooo happy that helped! It definitely can seem confusing at times, so I'm really happy you asked. Have a nice day! 😄🙌💪

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4