x

Unit costs on items added on invoice

We place custom orders on occasion for our customers, and have a third party fulfill and ship the order. When we sell items this way, I've been adding them when I create the invoice and adding a unit cost then. Since I'm never receiving the item (and not adding it to my stock count or tracking inventory for it), the unit costs are missing on my COGS report. Is there any way around this? Do I have to add each item and "receive stock" in that item for the unit cost to register on the report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @lemonbooks 🍋📚

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community - happy to see you back!

You're correct. You will want to have the unit cost input into the item/our system before selling the item. Preferably when you receive stock. However - you can add the unit cost after creating the item (but before selling). 

If you’ve already received, restocked, or re-counted items without entering a unit cost, head to your History log. You can update the unit costs there for those items you sold in the invoices, and then your COGs report should reflect properly. Feel free to give us a call for more insight. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

Thanks!

In History, it's not giving me the option to update all my unit costs. I'll probably just reach out to see what the issue is.

Message 3 of 3