x
Admin

Updating your Apple device to iOS 11 and later

In this post we’re sharing information about how to update your iOS device software to iOS 11 or later. Read on if you’re using the Square Point of Sale app on an iPhone, iPad or if you’re using Square Stand. Please reply below if you have any questions!

How do I know if my iPhone or iPad is compatible with Square?

For a list of Apple devices that are compatible with the Square Point of Sale app head to our Support Centre. You can also check if your device is supported from Square's compatibility website

How do I update the software on my Apple device?

We recommend performing software updates outside of your business hours. To update your device:

1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to a power source.
  2. From the device’s home screen, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  3. Tap Download and then tap Install > follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

Step-by-step instructions to update the software on your device are also available on our Support Centre. Apple’s Support Site has more information about updating iPads and iPhones.

After you have updated your software, you may be required to sign back into your Square account, so be sure you have your account email address and password in hand. If you don’t remember your password, you can reset your password from the app by tapping Forgot Password on the sign in screen.

What if I can’t update the software on my device?

If you cannot update the software on your device to iOS 11, you can still continue to take payments to run your business as usual, but you won’t be able to receive future updates to the Square Point of Sale app. To take advantage of the latest features and new products, we recommend upgrading to a supported device

How do I troubleshoot my card reader? 

If you are experiencing any issues connecting your card reader to your device, run through the troubleshooting steps outlined here and you should get back up and running in no time.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

If you need to re-download your Square Point of Sale app, you can do so here!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

If you need to re-download your Square Point of Sale app, you can do so here!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2