x

Utilizing the Covers Metric

When I receive my daily sales report I see a "Covers" metric but it's always zero. I want to be able to count how many customers I have so I can calculate per person spending metrics and not just check average. How can I start using that feature?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

👋Hey @Charlie6600, welcome to the seller community.

To be sure we're on the same page—are you seeing the zero metric in an email summary or in the online Dashboard?

To view this report from your online Dashboard:

1. Click Home in the upper right hand corner and select Reports > Section Sales.
  2. Use the date selector at the top-left corner to choose the date range you’d like to view, or enter a custom range.
  3. Select the time frame you’d like to view by clicking All Day or enter custom hours.
  4. If you have more than one location, select which ones you’d like to see.
  5. Click Summary to view a comparison of your daily, weekly, or monthly sales.

For details, have a look at this section of our Support Center: Reporting with Square for Restaurants.

Does this help surface the information you need? Please let me know if anything seems off or if this is missing the mark. I'll be happy to run this by a member of our Restaurants Team for a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2