x

Variations display order on iOS Retail app

Some of our items on the iOS POS Retail app have the item variations out of order. The items affected seem to be random, and I've double-checked all of the item variations on the Square Dashboard via the web. The "OnePeak Price" should be first (left), and "Staff Price" should be second (right).

Is there another setting that I can check to get these variations in the correct order?

I've tried Square's phone support, but they were of little help.

iPad-Ferritin2.jpg

iPad-Folate2.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JThompson42 can you try going into "Items" and editing the problem items? You should be able to drag the variations into the order desired buy pressing and holding on the three horizontal lines next to the variation name. The screenshot I have below is for the Point of Sale app on the iPhone, but the system should be the same for the Retail App. If not, I would strongly recommend trying to rearrange the variations on the Point of Sale app as those changes should still reflect on your Retail App. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi Ashley, thanks for taking the time to help me out!

I followed your suggestions and when I edit the item pages on the iOS app, the variations are in the correct order. However, when I go back to checkout and look up that item, they are out of order again.

Any other ideas? It seems like a bug and not a feature.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@JThompson42 this does seem like a bug. I know you contacted support before, but it may be time to ask them to file a ticket with engineering for you so engineering can take a closer look. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

We are having the same issue on Square Retail. Please fix the bug. It is very difficult finding the right variation from a list of 20 when we cannot arrange them alphabetically. 

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

I am having the same issue, Variations were put in order on a desktop, Variations show in order under ITEMS on all platforms, PC, Android and IOS, but under Checkout Variations in IOS only are random and very hard to find an item variation when you have 126 variations.  Images attached to show what I am seeing to help Engineering fix the issue.  This issue just started within the last week or two.  I think with the release of Square 5.52.  I am also a Beta tester but did not try 5.53 on the IOS, but I have 5.53 on the Android and it was in order along with 5.52 being in order for variations on the Android device.

PC Items in Order since AugustPC Items in Order since AugustItems Tab Variations in OrderItems Tab Variations in OrderIpad Checkout Screen Variations out of orderIpad Checkout Screen Variations out of orderIOS and Square Version infoIOS and Square Version info

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey @Candlestore!

These images are great. So sorry you're experiencing this issue.

Would you mind giving us a call so we can file a ticket with our Engineering Team if need be? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 7