x
Alumni

Veterans - thanks for your service, and for running your business!

Hi everyone! 

The U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy recently published a report with stats about Veteran-owned businesses. After reading through some of it, I wanted to share some highlights - props to all our Veterans out there starting and running businesses and thank you for your service! 

A few interesting facts from the report: 

• In 2012, the United States had 21.2 million veterans, and 2.52 million businesses were majority-owned by veterans. 
  • Almost all of veteran-owned businesses (99.9 percent) were small businesses - 54% with 1-4 employees.🚶🚶🚶🚶
  • Veteran-owned firms had receipts of $1.14 trillion, employed 5.03 million people, and had annual payroll of $195 billion. 👏
  • These firms represented 9.1 percent of all U.S. firms. 🏆
  • The three states with the most veteran-owned businesses were California, Texas, and Florida. 
  • The three states with the highest percent of veteran-owned businesses in their populations were South Carolina, New Hampshire, and Virginia.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.51.41 AM.png

Do we have any veterans here in the Seller Community? Tell us about your business in the comments below!  👋

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you for acknowleding Veterans. I am a Vet of the US Navy. I operate an online business using Squareup's online store. I previously been using Squareup to invoice my customers. After several years of use I notice that Squareup offered a simple website platform, to which I took advantage. I loaded all of my inventory info along with photos. After that I contacted my ISP to point my domain to the new Squareup website I created and I was up and running. I like the platform and I hope to see updates and offerings to provide SEO options for website owners. Everyone is welcome to look at my Squareup website. www.musebelts.com  Feel free to comment and offer any constructive criticism. Thanks you Squareup I love you.

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

@MuseBelts, thanks for the post and for using Square! Love the unique way those belts connect, thanks for sharing the link to your store. 

Message 3 of 3