x

Want to keep copy of each receipt on file

I am very OCD when it comes to organization. That said, is there a way (online - on my computer) to be able to print out all receipts for the day? I know I can send myself a copy of the receipt during checkout through my device, but this is too time consuming for what I do. I know I can get a listing of each transaction and can print that. This is fine, but I really would like the detail to go with it. I love that I can see a copy of each receipt which also shows the customer's virtual signature. when I click on each individual transaction.

If I cannot print the receipts online, how long are they available on Square?

I ask these questions because I want to cover myself should someone come back and try to say they did not make a purchase. Having the receipt handy which shows the signature as well as my return policy would really help my case.

Thank you for your input. It is very appreciated.

Paula

@RustrialRenovations

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @RustrialRenovat 

When you're viewing your Transactions tab, you can set the date range that you want to view. Once you set the date, you'll see a dropdown menu that says Export in the top right corner. Select Transactions CSV and it will export all of your transactions into a CSV file for you to open on Excel or your spreadsheet program of choice. The file will include all information about the transaction that you would need and you can print from there.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bulk print the customer's view of receipts with signatures included at this time. However, you can continue to view the individual receipts for as long as you have access to your Square account as they do not expire. In the event that a customer does dispute a charge (knock on wood), you can still pull it up in your Dashboard with the signature at the moment you need it.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

Receipts for all of your transactions are stored in your Square Dashboard and they can be accessed at any time. 

In the event one of your customers disputes a payment, all of the payment information, including the customer name if the card was swiped, can be pulled up in your Square Dashboard for reference. 

Message 2 of 12

Thank you EJ. Yes, I am able to print individual receipts, but would like to print them all out at once for the day's transactions. Like a bulk download/export for the day with receipt copies.

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @RustrialRenovat 

When you're viewing your Transactions tab, you can set the date range that you want to view. Once you set the date, you'll see a dropdown menu that says Export in the top right corner. Select Transactions CSV and it will export all of your transactions into a CSV file for you to open on Excel or your spreadsheet program of choice. The file will include all information about the transaction that you would need and you can print from there.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bulk print the customer's view of receipts with signatures included at this time. However, you can continue to view the individual receipts for as long as you have access to your Square account as they do not expire. In the event that a customer does dispute a charge (knock on wood), you can still pull it up in your Dashboard with the signature at the moment you need it.

Hope that helps!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 12

thank you! YES that does help. Knowing the receipts remain available should I need them is a weight off my shoulders.

Message 5 of 12

I also would like this feature. It helps us keep track of sales tax vs non-taxable items. when someone buys something that has tax and non-taxable items in the same transaction the only way of breaking that down is with the reciept itself.  Its time consuming having to manually go in and view each card transaction on the dashboard. 

Message 6 of 12
Alumni

@lelooskafdn thanks for the reply and for adding context around why this would be an important feature for you. We'll take your thoughts into consideration too and will update this thread if there's any update. 

Message 7 of 12

I would like a print reciept option as well. I have customers that order through my facebook page, and I would like to be able to give them a printed reciept when they pick up their order.

Message 8 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Email for reciepts

Hey,

Currently, when a customer pays me, the email only goes to their email. How can I get a copy of the receipt for my email? Thanks!

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hello @tdb12! There isn't not a way to send a copy of every receipt to yourself by email.

But the good news is all of your receipts are stored on your online Square Dashboard! Puka provided the steps to view receipts from your Dashboard in this thread

In addition, if you're looking to confirm that a payment has been completed you can enable per-payment email notifications:

1. Sign in to your online Dashboard > navigate to Account & Settings.
  2. Click Email Notifications.
  3. Below Transactional Emails check Per Payment.
  4. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

How can I change the email the copy of receipts are going to??

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Sadie3,

Thanks for writing in with this question! 

Just to clarify, are you referring to the transaction emails? I'll keep an eye out for your reply 😊 

Message 12 of 12