x

Way for employee to clock-in/out without giving them access to point of sale?

I run a cheesesteak shop. I want all of my employees to be able to clock-in/out on the point of sale. I have noticed that in order for employees to recieve a clock-in/out code, they need full access to the point of sale (including the ability to use cash drawer and sell items). However, I don't want any of the grill cooks to actually have access to the full point of sale. For example, I want them to be able to clock-in/out but not be able to sell food, use cash drawer, etc. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I don't think there is a way to lock them out completely of the Square POS other than the clock in function.  you can restrict no sales with passcode access but I don't see an option to lock them out of any access to the POS.

Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Bumping this, because that is definitely what we need as well. Not all of our employees need access to our POS. Hoping there is a fix to disable that while letting people clock in and out! 

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here in support of this feature, @Proper. As soon as we have some shareable updates or an accurate timeline, we will bounce back here and update everyone accordingly.

Thanks for hanging in! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Is there a solution for this now? My kitchen staff currently has access to the POS upon clock in/out.  Is there a way to simply clock in/out without any permissions?

Thanks

"What's Your Flava"
Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hey @FlavaWings You don't have to enable permissions in Dashboard for your employees. 

Can you try enabling just Time Tracking in Settings? As for the Passcode settings in app (Settings > Security), toggle on Require Passcode after each sale. That way, after you're done with a sale, the default screen will switch to a keypad screen. Only your owner's passcode will allow full access into the POS. 

For your employees to log in and out, they should see a clock option on the same keypad screen. Their existing passcodes will only work for that. 

Let me know if you need more guidance. I'm not by a POS register right now to test but it should work. Keep me updated! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6