x

What are Square's Processing Fees?

What is the difference between Square's fees? Is the fee different between swipe and key in?

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here's a link to the page which will explain Square's fee structure.  Square charges the fee for every charged transaction - swiped, dipped, tapped or manually entered.  The fee depends on which version of Square you're using, with the manually entered method being the most expensive due to the higher risk for those transactions.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here's a link to the page which will explain Square's fee structure.  Square charges the fee for every charged transaction - swiped, dipped, tapped or manually entered.  The fee depends on which version of Square you're using, with the manually entered method being the most expensive due to the higher risk for those transactions.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 44

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Transaction fees

What are Square's transaction fees?

Message 3 of 44
Admin

Hello @SaibikhanThis post has more information about Square's transaction fees

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 44

Im new to Square so i ran a sale through for $1.00 and was charged .13. Why so much?

Message 5 of 44
Super Seller Alumni

Square’s fees are 2.6% + $0.10 per transaction. 

$1 x 0.026 = rounded up to $0.03

$0.03 + $0.10 = $0.13

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 44

how much is square charging for every transaction in California?

Message 7 of 44

What is the processing rate for Square Online Checkout transactions?

Message 8 of 44

For us it's been 2.6% + .30. So for a $7 transaction, it's .48 cents. Over 7%. It's absolutely killing us we're going to have to do something. 

Message 9 of 44
Alumni

Hey @2BTNW - 

Processing fees for online sales are 2.9% + 30c. Check out this thread - the best answer links you to the break down of Square's fees

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 44

Is there a monthly fee when using Square? For any of their hardware?

Message 11 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LA1114,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Centre for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 12 of 44

Does this cost a monthly fee and are there any other charges besides every transaction.?

Message 13 of 44

Hi and welcome to the Seller Community!! The processing rate for tapped, dipped, and swiped payments accepted in the Square Point of Sale app is 2.6% + 10¢. Feel free to look up the details here: http://squ.re/learnaboutfees

I've also merged your post to an existing thread where @GlassJudy helps answer your question as well.

AshleyK
Message 14 of 44

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: what is the charge per transaction ? is it different % like swipe & invoice, and manual?

My question is what is the charge % for each these transactions? and virtual transactions as well? what will it cost me for each?

Message 15 of 44
Super Seller Alumni

If you go into your account settings, you can see a master list of what the various charges are depending on how the payment is accepted.

Go into Account & Settings

Click Business

Click Pricing and Subscriptions

There's a drop down menu to pick your location (It defaults to Master Account, but you can select your location.)

Capture.PNG

Message 16 of 44

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Accepted payment for the first time and was charged a processing fee, why is that?]

Please advise

Message 17 of 44
Super Seller Alumni

Everyone is charged a processing fee for credit card transactions.  That's how payment processors work.

Message 18 of 44
Alumni

Hi @Passion,

Square charges a percentage fee per transaction, depending on the method you use to process the credit/debit card. Square also does not have any monthly/hidden fees to use our system or create an account.

Feel free to check out this link for a quick breakdown, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 19 of 44

Hello

Can anyone tell me if I’m paying transaction fees to square every time I use it why am I paying a $60 a month rental fee?.

Message 20 of 44

Hi @SRandTCustoms and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over fees.

@Alex_ linked the Fees breakdown page above as well from our Support Center.

We charge a fee per transaction to all of our sellers. It sounds like you might have an added subscription with us such as Retail for that monthly fee.

Ashley C
Message 21 of 44