x
Super Seller Alumni

What are "Attributable Sales" / Marketing Campaign Question

I am currently running a $10 coupon that was sent out through a Marketing Campaign. The Dashboard Discounts Report for that coupon does not show the same information as the Marketing Campaign Report. They are quite a bit different.

Does "Attributable Sales" have a specific definition that is not equivalent, necessarily, to redemptions?

My campaign is reporting 36 "Attributable Purchases" for $123.86 in "Attributable Sales"; whereas, my discounts report for the same coupon is currently showing 38 "Discounts Applied" with $340.10 "Amount Discounted".

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

This is a good question that I also have. I'm surprised no one answered.

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Hi there, folks!  ️🥯️

An attributable sale is defined as when your customer opens a marketing email, and then subsequently makes a payment to your account within 14 days of viewing the email. This page may be helpful as additional context for you, @Mochanutcoffee and @bagelboss 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

What timeframe is used for the attributable sales number given in the campaign summary email? I have campaigns running for more than 5 years now. Does the attributable sale reflect every sale since the campaign inception or some more recent window of time? 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@Anthem Attributable sales represents the total sales generated from customers who made an in-store purchase within 14 days of viewing a campaign, or any customers who redeemed a coupon.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

To be crystal clear. This means, for a campaign initiated in 2016 the attributable sales number represents every purchase, within 14 days of viewing a campaign, by every customer for the past 5+ years? 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 6 of 8

For me, the only number that matters is total redemptions and net sales. The attributable sales is pretty nebulas and should come with "" around it.

Message 7 of 8

From what I understand is that it's a direct amount the customer spends on "total items" because of the coupon redemption. 

Example: They get a $5 coupon and come in and spend 18 dollars, which becomes the attributable sale. 

"You can track attributable sales and purchases (the amount of money you make from sales and the number of purchases) by customers who have viewed a Square Marketing-generated email or Facebook campaign and then made an in-store purchase within 14 days of viewing the campaign."
Message 8 of 8