x

What happens if someone tries to join text marketing who had already joined?

We are now utilizing text marketing, and as such there is an initial opt in text that provides a unique code for 10% off purchase. I've been advertising that people can subscribe to texting by texting JOIN to a specific phone number. I tried it today from my cell phone and it did work, but I have a few customers who have said they never received the code. I am wondering if it is because they had previously subscribed -- what message does Square send if someone who is already subscribed to texting tries to join? Does it reply to them at all? Does it notify them they are already subscribed? Etc.

Along similar lines, I'm having a little trouble with Square's directory. I'd like to look at the list of "Text Subscribers" and be able to sort it by WHEN they joined texting. I don't see a way to do that? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@rustynailwinery Thanks for posting! I think you're right. It sounds like those customers aren't getting that discount code because they may already be enrolled. You can check your Customer Directory and see the coupons that have been issued to each individual customer if you click into their profile.

@Anneharris - would you be able to tell us what exactly the message says if someone who is already subscribed, tries to subscribe again?

And to answer your last question- there's currently not a way to sort customers by when they joined. But I can pass your feedback along that this would be beneficial info!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2