x

What is a deposit tag?

What IS a 'deposit tag'? I'm trying to set up my business for 2 locations, but all information is the same, including my bank account. How do I do this without having to repeat everything? Help says something about a 'deposit tag' but no info about what that is or how to do it. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

A deposit tag is a five character code that will post along with the deposit information on your bank account. For me, my bank reports Square deposits as SQUARE 181226 P2, where the 1812 part is the date of deposit. Adding the tag will add those five characters to that. This would be perfect for you with two locations hitting the same account.

To set it up from your Dashboard: Account & Settings -> Business -> Locations. Open a location, scroll down past your business hours to the Bank Information section. Repeat with a different tag for each location.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

A deposit tag is a five character code that will post along with the deposit information on your bank account. For me, my bank reports Square deposits as SQUARE 181226 P2, where the 1812 part is the date of deposit. Adding the tag will add those five characters to that. This would be perfect for you with two locations hitting the same account.

To set it up from your Dashboard: Account & Settings -> Business -> Locations. Open a location, scroll down past your business hours to the Bank Information section. Repeat with a different tag for each location.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2