x

What is the best barcode scanner to use

Hi, I have a AT&T LG Pad F 8.0 Tablet I use for Square Register. I was wondering what is the best barcode scanner I can use with my tablet that will work on Square Register?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@Jesse_22 - I'm happy to point you in the right direction. For Android devices, you can connect the following USB bar code scanners to your device using a USB OTG adaptor:

While I can't recommend one over the other, as I don't have any personal experience, perhaps another seller might be able to help us. If we don't hear anything right away, I'd also suggest checking out different reviews online.  😀

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

Best Answer

@Jesse_22 - I'm happy to point you in the right direction. For Android devices, you can connect the following USB bar code scanners to your device using a USB OTG adaptor:

While I can't recommend one over the other, as I don't have any personal experience, perhaps another seller might be able to help us. If we don't hear anything right away, I'd also suggest checking out different reviews online.  😀

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 15

We use the Symbol LS2208 in our retail store and love it! It didn't come with a stand so it's standalone but it seems to be constructed well and is very durable. 

Message 3 of 15
Square

@Machiventa - Thanks so much for sharing! 🙌

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 15

Is that for android or apple?

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hey @droidbaker, the Motorola Symbol LS2208 will only work with Android devices or an iPad + Square Stand combination. If you have an iPad but no Square Stand, the scanner will not work as you will not be able to connect it via USB. Hope this helps!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 15

Will the Symbol LS2208 work with the andriod 6.0 marshmellow

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

Hey @DoubleD - yes, the Motorola Symbol LS2208 will work with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. 👍

Message 8 of 15

I just received my scanner today and i cannot get it to work with my ipad square stand. it keeps saying not supported. Any advice on what is going on?

Message 9 of 15
Admin

Hey @thestation2015, I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're encountering with your barcode scanner. These troubleshooting tips usually clear up this issue right away: Square Stand USB Attachment Issues. If, after giving them a run-through, you're still having any trouble — please let our Support Team know which barcode scanner you're using and they'll take a deeper dive.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 10 of 15

I talked with someone yesterday and we got the issues worked out! Thank you for replying! 

Message 11 of 15
Admin

Awesome — glad you were able get in touch and get it sorted out! 🙌 💯

️ Tom | he/him
Message 12 of 15

Can you recommend a bluetooth scanner for an Ipad that is compatible with square.

Message 13 of 15
Admin

Hey @YBP!

You can view our compatible barcode scanners here. This list includes Bluetooth scanners, and ones that are compatible with iPads. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 14 of 15

My scanner works with my Android tablet, however I find that I have to keep on clicking in the right spot on the app, in order to scan each and every item, which is very time consuming... Any way of getting Square to just read the barcodes without having to click on each item every time? just scan, scan, scan?

Would be so helpful for our operation.

Thanks for your kind help

Message 15 of 15