x

What is the receipt paper size for Square Terminal?

what is the size of the Square Terminal receipt paper? I know the width is 2 1/4", but what is the length to be able to fit inside the Terminal?

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Super Seller

Message 2 of 18
Admin

👋 @fireweed @VanKalkerFarms Just to add here - receipt paper for the Square Terminal is also available to order in the Square Shop!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 18

is 50' the max it can fit into it?

Message 4 of 18
Super Seller

yes, it is a very small space in the very small footprint of the terminal.  no room for any larger.

Message 5 of 18

Thanks just ordered and we will see if it fits correctly. Appreciate your help! Square needs to add the size to the terminal page! 

Message 6 of 18

I found something better which has a smaller core it’s BPA free unlike the others and made in USA

https://www.amazon.com/Verifone-Ingenico-ICT220-ICT250-BuyRegisterRolls/dp/B07T1DQ88D/ref=sr_1_9?cri...

Message 7 of 18

So these fit in the terminal since they have a smaller core? They are a lot longer which would be great!

Message 8 of 18
Super Seller

I do not see any way that a roll 2.25" would fit.  I just measured the slot where the roll goes and it is like 1.5 or 1.6" at the most.

Message 9 of 18

Yeah, I ordered those.  They are way too large for the Square terminal.  Thanks for the massive inconvenience.

Message 10 of 18
Square Community Moderator

So sorry for the trouble here, @GangstaDog. In an effort to ensure that no one else is also inconvenienced, can you specify which paper you purchased that did not work? I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 18

The 2.25" paper mentioned above is way too large.

Message 12 of 18

Got it, thanks for clarifying that - @GangstaDog! Were you able to pick up the compatible Terminal Receipt Paper from our Online Shop?

Joe
Message 13 of 18
Beta Member

Hey, Joe... You work for Square, so you may be able to answer a question I have. What is the weight of the Square (brand) register paper? The Amazon stuff with 50 to 55 feet per roll is 48 GSM (grams per square meter, a standard designation for a paper's weight/thickness). Your stuff must be thicker, since you have 30' in a 1-3/8" diameter roll, and they have 50' in a 1-3/8" diameter roll. Shorter length = thicker paper. Do you have the actual GSM weight?

Message 14 of 18

Hi there, @TheZaar - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you!

I couldn't find any specific listing of a formal weight for a single roll of Terminal Printer Paper, but doing some self calculation in weighing a new roll myself, it looks like the paper should be within the 4.53 grams range.

I hope this is helpful!

Joe
Message 15 of 18
Beta Member

Thanks, Joe, but I believe your scale is off. In working out the GSM, I needed to calculate how many square meters of paper are on a roll. The Terminal Printer Paper page on the Square shopping site says each roll is 57.5 mm wide and 29.5 ft long. Converting to meters, that's 0.0575 meters x 9 meters = 0.5175 m2 (square meters). Dividing your measurement of 4.53 g by 0.5175 m2 = 8.75 g/m2 (GSM). That can't be, since your paper is thicker (heavier) than Amazon's rolls. But it gave me the idea to weigh the roll that came with my new Terminal. On my scale, the new roll weighed 28.5 g. Dividing 28.5 g by 0.5175 m2 = 55 GSM, which confirms that your rolls are thicker/heavier than the 48 GSM rolls on Amazon.

Message 16 of 18

It's good to find this topic, I ordered the standard 2 1/4" paper, but with our larger printer, we've been using rolls over 3".

Now I want to return these smaller rolls, and try to find larger ones, but the return doesn't recognize my order number.

Thanks for your help. [removed personal information]

Message 17 of 18

Hi @HeartsUnited Thanks for reaching out. 

If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return your Products within thirty (30) days of delivery so long as they are in their original condition and packaging and you enclose the original packaging slip.

You can initiate the refund process using this link, and you can confirm the order number from your Square dashboard under Account & Settings > Square Accessories > Order Status

Please reach out to our team here if you are still having trouble returning the items. 

Message 18 of 18