x

What products are allowed in Square's early access CBD Program?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: CBD Oils and Balms - Ok with Square?

I'm in a professional forum where we are discussing whether our Square accounts will be terminated for retailing commercially available CBD products such as the balms from CBDclinic.co or ingestible oils such as https://realscientifichempoil.com/ . 

To my knowledge these products contain no THC which is the psychoactive compound in cannabis, and are therefore legal. Can you please advise us on the matter?

Message 1 of 138
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update (10/3/19):

Good news, folks! We're launching an early access program to support the sale of some CBD products! 🎉

Generally speaking, sellers in the program can accept payments and carry items that meet the following requirements:

• Hemp and hemp-derived CBD products that have less than 0.3% THC in all states excluding Idaho and South Dakota. Payment acceptance is for the US only at this time.
  • No marijuana or marijuana derived products; products that contain more than 0.3% THC, illegal drugs and products that otherwise violate Square’s Payment Terms.
  • No hemp flower.
  • Included items cannot make health claims.

For more details on eligibility, head over to this resource in our Support Center: Accepting Payments for CBD in Square Early Access Program.

👉 To complete an application form and request an invite to join, go to to www.squareup.com/solutions/cbd, then click Get Started👈

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on this endeavor! We're excited to help our sellers by offering a reliable solution for CBD sales.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 75 of 138
137 REPLIES 137
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Ricardos - thanks for taking the time to ask your question here. If you haven't done so already, we recommend reaching out to apply for our CBD program. Once accepted, our Team will guide you in best practices and overall decorum. Let me know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 127 of 138

Just heard that Square is shutting down it’s CBD Beta group... please say it isn’t so! I could lose my entire business. 97% of my customers since September when we opened use cards.... 

Message 128 of 138

Please tell me this isn’t true......

Message 129 of 138

Where did you hear this?

Message 130 of 138

Is Delta 8 THC derived from hemp allowed to be sold through Sqaure? 

Message 131 of 138

Hiya @vegas420,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered on what kinds of CBD can be sold with Square in the CBD program.

Check out the Best Answer above for more details.

Ashley C
Message 132 of 138

Is it possible to post a legitimate response here rather than just forwarding to another thread that doesn't give the correct information? Like No, or Yes, but you have to get hemp-derived delta-8 THC products approved by the Square team before being allowed to be on our site or any purchases are made? 

This would be helpful to my team as well as many others I'm sure. 

Message 133 of 138
Alumni

When businesses are interested in selling items containing CBD or offering services involving CBD products, there is an application that must be completed and reviewed prior to accepting payments, @Team-Solverra.

If the application isn't filled out, our team must reach out to ensure everything is as it should be before approving an account to sell CBD. Occasionally our team will need to reach out multiple times if their instructions are not followed correctly. If you have completed this application, or seen a form requesting information in your Dashboard, then you are currently in the flow to possible be approved to accept CBD payments through Square.

If you have not filled out the application yet, you can learn more about the CBD program here.

You can find the application here if you have not yet completed it!

Valentina
Message 134 of 138

What is the update with hemp flower how am I supposed to make my sales. 

Message 135 of 138

I am inquiring about what words are the ones that can't be used on my website and social media. I reviewed FDA/FTC multiple times and I followed the guidelines to my knowledge and keep getting asked to change things. I dont use cure, treat diagnose and aide lingo. I have the FDA statement on all areas. Assist and help are allowed per FDA and FTA. Didnt mention and diseases or other types. Please advise as I have no way to see whats wrong. 

Message 136 of 138

I completely understand and I had a really hard time as well. Check your social media platforms - I didn’t have anything written either, what held me up was what someone else tagged about my product - I make massage oil and on HER PAGE (not mine) she wrote something about inflammation… because I was tagged in it I was r approved right away. When I finally got approved I had to make multiple phone calls and had to be very blunt because no one could tell me. Finally after the millionth phone call someone was actually able to let me know specifically what it was and who wrote it. Good luck!

Message 137 of 138

Hi @BB77 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

Please refer to our CBD FAQ for guidance to follow in any warning you receive.   

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 138 of 138