x
Highlighted

Re: CBD Oils and Balms - Ok with Square?

I'm sure there's a pretty hefty backlog. In the meantime, I'm trying to cover all bases to find a payment solution, but I'm finding it exceptionally difficult. Most banks and processors only want to see topicals on the online storefront, but Square stands out in its openness to CBD. I was planning to go with Authorize.Net for my processing, but a number of Authorize.Net-associating merchant services actually suggested Square for convenience's sake, but with the warning that Square would simply act as an aggregator of payment processing solutions, automatically accept applications, and perform reviews retroactively, meaning accounts were still liable to be shut down or frozen. There isn't a lot of clarity speaking to this Square program's viability as a long-term solution for a business that doesn't exclusively sell topical CBD products, in spite of the initial forum reply by Tom. Until Square offers something more dependable, I can't rely on Square to be my banking and payment solution and I'll continue the search for another merchant service provider.
Message 101 of 116
Highlighted

Agreed, this process is much harder than it really needs to be for people selling legal products containing no THC. I would prefer to use Square also, but the waiting is going to prevent that. Try PayKings....my approval took a week, providing you have the proper paperwork. Good luck!

Message 102 of 116
Highlighted

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your rate with PayKings? I still haven’t heard anything on my account yet, so we have been forced to go to cash and check sales only. 😔

Message 103 of 116
Highlighted

I don't mind at all...getting through this process has been so difficult I wish there were more places for us to collaborate as entrepreneurs. Everywhere I have been, the groups share fun memes but no one wants to share what's working for them in their business. There is enough business out there for all us folks! 

Annual fee of $99 + monthly fees total $50 a month with compliance fees. Per transaction, 5.5% + .30. They told me with longer transaction history the fees could be lower but I am a new business. 

As soon as square gets their stuff together, I'll probably make a switch tho. 

Message 104 of 116
Highlighted

It is just completely baffling to me how CBD business is being treated so differently. I understand that companies must be in compliance with the law, but I guess being an honest person, I assume too many do that aren’t. It is disheartening to see this business being treated so negatively. The fees and cost per transaction are mind blowing. Trying to keep my products affordable to my customers while paying all that is so unreal. Currently, we are cash and check only until we can get something straightened out. I know that may detour some business, but at least it can be deposited. 

Message 105 of 116
Highlighted

Square currently is holding over [Personal Information Redacted] of my credit card purchases due to needing info on one of my products that contains <.01% THC.  The funny thing is none of these credit card transactions were from the sell of my Hemp Seed Oil (less than .01% THC) salve.  I have provided the paperwork from supplier of the Hemp Seed Oil and still no one to talk to at Square - no help whatsoever.  They still hold my $$$.  I have now sent a letter to the CEO asking why my funds are being held when I have supplied all the paperwork necessary.  

Can someone help please.  I feel my funds are being held captive.

Thank you

Message 106 of 116
Highlighted

I am set up with the CBD Square processing and want to use SQUARE UP for the online store but know its partnered with Weebly ...Are Weebly and Square Up acceptable platforms for cbd? 

Message 107 of 116
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @9thWonder

Check out the link provided in @Tom's best answer up top. There's an eCommerce Solutions link on the landing page that answers your question! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 108 of 116
Highlighted

Is the less than 0.3% based on Delta 9 THC?

Message 109 of 116
Highlighted

subscriptions

Is square currently accepting subscription products thru woocommerce?

for cbd sites - if this makes a difference 🙂

Thanks!

Pete 

Message 110 of 116