x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Join the Beta Program for Square Point of Sale

@autumn_benjamin

At this time, yes this is an Invite only Beta. We can definitely note your interest and let the team know. 

kellyj
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 61 of 116
Highlighted

Thank you Kelly, my team and I over at www.viiacbd.com have been quite unhappy with our processors and it would be a dream to have the opportunity to work with Square

Message 62 of 116
Highlighted

Hi Kelly. We are a medical device company and are considering offering limited CBD product designed dose measuring / control and clinical studies. Would it be possible to apply or be added to a review list? In the meantime, we will sell just our devices on-line. Thank you

Message 63 of 116
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @RMED, Helen here. The program is full, but I'll be sure to share your interest with the appropriate team.

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 64 of 116
Highlighted

Can you please update us with any current information? Has anything changed? 

Message 65 of 116
Highlighted
Admin

@Montycv63

At this time, we have no new announcements on the program, but we'll continue to pass your information to the team. They will reach out or we'll post here about updates to the program.

kellyj
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 66 of 116
Highlighted

I did contact square today to see if I could join the program as well. I sell online at snapdragonhemp.com and also have two retail locations. 

They informed me that their pilot program was full but would possibly keep me up-to-date if there were more openings available. 

Message 67 of 116
Highlighted

Re: CBD Oils and Balms - Ok with Square?

I call BS on this. Contracts can be renegotiated, especially when it could potentially benefit Square. 

Sure, this is an oddball situation, but Square’s lack of additional details is frustrating. Especially given that every gas station and conscience store is selling CBD. 

Perhaps if more of us threatened to pull our business, they would act more quickly. 

Message 68 of 116
Highlighted
Super Seller

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.  I can't answer for why other businesses are selling these product, but as I stated at the beginning of my post, it's my interpretation, and I could easily be wrong about it.  Renegotiating contracts is not an easy or fast thing and I don't even know for sure that Square is doing that.  If my business involved selling CBD products, I would very likely share your frustration.

Message 69 of 116
Highlighted

Additionally, Square has not addressed the fact that the TOS and non-permitted items list has not been updated. Playing the card that we would be in violation of OUR TOS with Square when we, in fact, would not be, is dumbfounding. 

If it’s truly an issue with their contracts with others, the update the TOS. Square threatening their customers like this is setting themselves up for legal action. 

Message 70 of 116