x

Whats does the "upcoming" status mean on my orders section?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Question about order status]

In the Orders section, what does the status "upcoming" mean?

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for including those screenshots, @Rp3 - very helpful! And thanks for your patience here. I am going to step in for Alex on this one while he's out. 

The Upcoming Orders tab will automatically queue up orders that need attention within the Prep Time you've set up for your business. Once an order moves within the allotted prep time window, it will automatically move to the Upcoming tab. More on this from this thread here.

I personally don't think you sound mean, at all! On the contrary, we are quite grateful for your helpful feedback. At the end of the day, small changes and improvements can make a large impact on your business and we want to make sure we can assist in providing the most streamlined and efficient product we can.

I'm flagging this thread over to our Product Teams for more visibility. Should any changes come down the pipeline, we will reach back out here and let you know.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Admin

Hey @RoasterChica ️ 

Prep time on an item will put the order into “upcoming” until it reaches the start of the prep time (i.e. 15 min in advance) - then will move to “active”. If an item does not have a prep time it will automatically show up in “active” and bypass “upcoming”. Let me know if you have any questions about this 👩🏼‍💻

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 22 of 25

Hi @isabelle 

Thanks for the reply.  So, I have always had all my Items set to accept the location default which hovers between 7-10 orders every 15 minutes depending on the day.  But since we've been using Square Online, this is the first weekend we've actually seen it sequence orders in this way from "upcoming" to "active".  Before (and now again) it has always printed each order immediately.

Please help me understand why it worked as you describe for ONE day this Saturday, and now it's back to printing all the tickets at once.

Message 23 of 25
Admin

I can't speak to that unfortunately. Perhaps it's a setting that I'm unaware of

Please give our Support Team a call today. Feel free to circle back to share your findings as it may be helpful to other sellers. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 24 of 25

Please disable/remove the Upcoming feature. OR ---- Get them to print automatically like the Active orders. It's a huge pain when we have an item that sells out quickly in store and online orders are coming in hot and we have this random Upcoming order that didn't print 6 hours ago when the item was still in stock and now we have to apologize to the customer that we sold out even though they bought it way before the in-store customers did. If it's too much to ask to get rid of "Upcoming" can the tech team at least get them to print automatically?

Message 25 of 25