x
Beta Member

When I try to switch from contractor to employee, I get oops something went wrong

Every time I try to switch a specific employee from contractor to employee, I get that stupid "oops, something went wrong" message without further explanation.   It's so annoying and nobody seems to know why. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @fscott5 - If you haven’t yet, I'm happy to open a case on my end with the correct team so they can help you look into this further. 

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

@fscott5 - I feel you, I would be equally as annoyed. Sorry for the frustration.

Is this happening on Dashboard using Google Chrome? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Chrome, safari, & mobile browsers.  It's the same for all browsers

Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

Now, on top of all this not working, I just got a bill for past taxes, unemployment insurance, and I'm stuck paying both fed & state taxes.  I've tried to change it dozens of times.  Tried support several times. I don't have time to navigate through the app and try to find a page that generates a code. Making us go through this extra step after we're already having issues is a cheap way out while neglecting your customers. I can think of any other reason a code is needed for support via phone.  Absolutely preposterous to force extra steps on clients. Square can have fewer employees in their call center, save a bucks? Square can't generate a text with the code? No, that would create mass hysteria, so we have to write down a credit card number size code to type in to possibly get a live operator on the line. I don't understand their logic... Sorry venting 

Message 4 of 9

Sorry to hear about your experience while trying to get a phone code. I will send you a private regarding this matter. When it comes to your bill for past taxes, is this related to payroll or your Square Sales?

@fscott5

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Payroll, not sales tax. 

Message 6 of 9

Best Answer

Hey @fscott5 - If you haven’t yet, I'm happy to open a case on my end with the correct team so they can help you look into this further. 

Thank you.

Sayra
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Yes please, asap

Message 8 of 9

Hey @fscott5 - I will be sending you a private message to get the exact name of the person you are trying to change from contractor to employee so I can try to impersonate the same issue you are having. 

Sayra
Message 9 of 9