x

When booking with Square Appointments can my customer choose to save their card for later payment?

I am a seamstress and due to the nature of my work dont often have set in stone prices because their are often too many variables to take into consideration before pricing a type of alteration.  Many of my clients that have booked online have assumed that when they input their cc information (for my no show policy) that it will be saved and they can use that when paying.  Is their a way they can choose to have their cc information saved at the time of booking so that it is possible?  I know of other scheduling apps that do this and was curious if Square was one of them or if its being considered for the future.  I have many clients that would actually like to have that ability. 

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Quick update! You can now add a client's card on file from your Appointments calendar. You can also use card on file to create a prepaid Appointment or to charge for a no show. If you have the Appointments app (iOS only) you can also now charge a card on file from the app.

Keep in mind if a client enters their card information when booking an Appointment with (e.g. because you require prepayment) this does not automatically save their card information on file. You'd need to add their card on file from your Customer Directory or the Appointments calendar/app as mentioned above.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

If that resolves the issue, please, do!

Message 22 of 25

I am having the same issues. A client will make an appointment for their mom or friend thinking I can just bill the card they used to book and when I collect from the friend, because I didn’t know it was from someone else as a gift it creates friction or I have to call their child to ask for payment often times in front of them. It sucks! But I have a pic of what it was before and we need that feature back. Please. 

61602373-15B7-4CB1-AA1E-F7F8A97408A6.jpeg

Message 23 of 25
Beta Member

Do we have any updates as to why this feature was taken away? We have a lot of clients who book thinking their card is saved to use for purchases and it is not. It's becoming an issue when they come in without any other form of payment. This was a feature previously and was removed, for what reason?? Surely it is easy to restore if the coding was already there for it. Getting increasingly more frustrated with how slow Square is to include basic functional features. 

Message 24 of 25
Square Community Moderator

I can definitely see how this would be convenient to have. Our team has worked hard in making changes and adding features based on the Seller's feedback. I can tell you from experience that Square never removes a feature unless there is a valid purpose behind it. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 25