x

When using readers on 2 devices, what about the security code?

I set up one device and I was prompted for my phone number to receive a texted security code for each login.  If I set up a reader on a second device, will the first device receive the security code?  How can that be handled if my partner with the second device can't get the code when they try to log in?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @904Roadside - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Two-step verification is a tool that provides an extra layer of security for your Square Account, protecting your account from unauthorized access. You will be asked to enter a verification code in addition to your password each time you sign in to your Square account. Once enabled for yourself, you can choose to require it for your team. By doing so, each team member associated with your Square account will need to enable their own verification methods.

If you don’t want to enter a verification code every time you sign in to the Square app or Dashboard, select Remember this device for 90 days. Every 90 days, you’ll be asked to sign in with a verification code. This option can be enabled again once the 90 days are up.

You can find additional details on Two-Step Verification here in our Support Center. I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

thank you for the link Violet.

I'll try adding the second phone number.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

You're welcome, @904Roadside

Please do let me know if you happen to have any trouble with that or any questions at all 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4