x

Where can I view a list of customers or clients who have opted into text message marketing?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: text messaging marketing audience

Where would I go to find the number of people or who has opted into our Text Messaging Marketing? 

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Text message subscribers can be seen when viewing your Customer Directory, @ReginaClose.

From there > select All Customers > look for the Text Subscribers group name:

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Best Answer

Text message subscribers can be seen when viewing your Customer Directory, @ReginaClose.

From there > select All Customers > look for the Text Subscribers group name:

Valentina
Message 2 of 12
Super Seller

4B70AEAF-922A-4958-B6E9-FA7A8ADB9F2E.jpeg

@Valentina : Thank you for the post. Being a longtime Square user, this new requirement, asking permission to message a customer is creating quite a roadblock regarding customer service, is there a way to make this easier? 

Im curious to know why permissions have become necessary, were merchants abusing the relationship? 

We used it occasionally to respond to negative feedback with a coupon rather than a refund as a way to keep the customer engaged. Additionally, once it a great while we might use it to send a client a coupon after a rather large catering order as a thank you. 

All of this has become impossible now as a result of the “permissions begging” requirement. I looked at our Customer List and tapped on Text Subscribers, of the 14k customers in our database, Zero customers are available to receive Text Messages...

As you can see here, it has put us/me into a precarious and embarrassing position as I was attempting to message a customer to thank them for their large catering order only to find the + Coupon feature, didn’t work as it once did previously. 

No bueno. 

-Max

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 3 of 12
Alumni

I've reached out to the team to further clarify how the new messages feature should behave in regards to the concerns you've brought up here, @MAXSDELI. I'll drop back in with a post when I have more information about this - thanks for your patience.

Valentina
Message 4 of 12
Super Seller

Thank you Valentina

Square Online Store
Message 5 of 12
Alumni

Sorry for the little delay here, @MAXSDELI!

The easiest way to accomplish what you're asking about here would be to go to your Dashboard > Customers > Feedback, then open the feedback - your customer has to allow a response to feedback - and send a message or coupon there. You can also send a message directly to the customer requesting consent. Please let me know if you have questions about this process.

Valentina
Message 6 of 12
Super Seller

Thank you for the reply. The previous version was so simple, this new version that requires us to grovel & beg for a customers consent is terrible because most customers don’t respond to those requests and simply ignore them as extracurricular marketing nonsense. 

Question, if we opt in for Marketing (which we used previously) will that allow us direct communication with customers or does that also require us to seek consent?

The way it worked previously allowed us to immediately respond to a customers feedback (negative or positive) and rectify it by sending a coupon rather than a refund. Most sellers/merchants understand that a coupon, forces the customer to return to their establishment and gives them the ability to give that customer a second or third visit in which to be impressed. A refund however, gives a merchant no second chance at impressing a new customer. 

Max

Square Online Store
Message 7 of 12
Alumni

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback, @MAXSDELI

I've gone ahead and bubbled your feedback up to the team, and will let you know when I find out whether it is possible to do what you're asking about with a subscription to Square Marketing.

Valentina
Message 8 of 12

Can anyone from square provide some information on when this feature will be available in Canada? There are many other apps/websites/services that claim to do SMS marketing in compliance with the Canadian regulations so I am wondering why square is unable to do the same?

I would rather keep it all within square (given that I already have a square marketing subscription) but I can’t afford to forgo the additional revenue simply because can anyone with square please advise on the timeline when this whole new available to their Canadian clients?

Message 9 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I see clients who've opt in to text marketing- need to track coupons

I recently begin the opt in text marketing with my business- I'd like to see the list of clients who have the $5 coupon I set for them to opt in- please assist! Thank you

Message 10 of 12
Alumni

I've merged your post into this thread, where I provided step-by-step instructions alongside some helpful visuals, @pefrfectpedicru. For additional information about Square's text message marketing feature, head on over to this page.

Valentina
Message 11 of 12

Thank you responding- I've since exported the list of clients and will read on how to redeem the reward - again thanks 

Message 12 of 12