x

Where do I download a credit card authorization form?

Where do I download an authorization form?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I work for a family owned car dealer and we have a client who would like to pay for their car with a credit card.  They are an out of state buyer and transaction is for $7,000.  Are there any precautions we should consider prior to charging credit card?

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Square

I can definitely point you in the right direction with this question. This article outlines the best practices for keyed-In payments. 

Check it out, and then let me know if you have any follow up questions! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 8

Hello Sean, does Square have a standard form for customers to fill out and sign to authorize keyed in transactions?

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

@EmbroideryGuy Square does not issue a specific form for customers to fill out and sign for keyed in payments, however you can try sending them a Square Invoice

This allows the customer to review the charge and enter their card information themselves via email. 

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @elaireryder!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Do you mean the Credit Card Authorization form

If so, it's available for download here. Let me know if this is not what you meant by replying back in this thread 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

where is this form? Can you send it to me

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @donyalemua and welcome to the Seller Community!! I've merged your post to an existing thread where Isabelle provides that form for @elaireryder.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8