x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268
Admin

Welcome to the seller community, @Connieclendenan!

Sorry to hear about the delay—most sellers receive their reader within 10 days of placing their order. If it's been longer than that, please have a look at the reply from VanKalkerFarms in this thread: Where is my Magstripe reader?

Hopefully those tips get you where you need to be. Let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 127 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Free

Hi there I am new .. I signed up last week but did not receive my free reader ? I want to go ahead and buy it ... how soon can I expect it to arrive 

Message 128 of 269
Admin

@rkrishnappa I've added your post to this thread so you can read @VanKalkerFarms Best Answer to this question which will help you with your order

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 129 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Where is my free reader

I ordered my free reader over 2 weeks ago. DHL says my order is still in California somewhere. I feel this was a scam to get my information.

Message 130 of 269
Super Seller Alumni

Check out this thread for useful information on tracking your reader, especially the Best Answer from @VanKalkerFarms.  Rest assured, Square does not scam people for their information - your reader just got hung up somewhere.

Judy T Shumway
Message 131 of 269

When will my square arrive

Message 132 of 269

Hopefully they sent you a tracking ID so you can keep track of your shipment. Delivery companies typically can ship a package in 3-7 business days from when they get the package.

Message 133 of 269
Admin

@Susane1

Hi there and welcome to the Community. Readers do take 7-10 business days in order to arrive. If it has been over 10 business days and you still have not received the reader, you will want to reach out to our Support team for additional help. 

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 134 of 269

please advise I need my reader by Friday 6th and ordered mine weeks ago.  very disappointed so far.

Message 135 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I wanted to let you know I've moved your post to a relevant thread that answers your question. You can view the answer directly above your post. If it's been over 10 days and you are still looking for your reader, please contact our Support Team so we can get you another one! 

When you get a chance, take a look at this thread that has some helpful tips for finding answers within the Seller Community! 🙂 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 136 of 269

I'm just trying to check on the free mag strip reader I was supposed to receive. I've already signed up for the square login. All I'm missing is the android mag strip card ready or at least a status review. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Message 137 of 269
Admin

Hey @1187-

Sorry to hear that you haven't received your free reader yet. Please ensure that you've already followed the steps in the best answer of this thread to order a free reader. 

If you've already placed an order for a free Magstripe Reader, but haven't received it yet, then take a look at @VanKalkerFarms's  best answer in this thread for more information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 138 of 269

Hi,

I just signed up for my square account.

On my dashboard there was link to order my free card reader, it brought me to an error page and now I can't seem to order the free reader at all.

Thanks 

Message 139 of 269

Welcome to the Community, @1762873 -

Try the following steps to get your free reader:

1. Click http://squ.re/readerrequest

2. Select "Send me a reader"

3. Select Connectivity

4. Complete checkout process!

If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Kassi
Message 140 of 269

I signed up for an account and chose the free reader then realized I entered a invalid email address. Which I’m surprised it allowed me to do so. But I deactivate that account the free reader was requested due to issues changing the email address. Now I have the account set up but it wants me to pay for the reader. I tried all the ways mentioned in another thread and still wants me to pay

Message 141 of 269

Hello @Rodmansara,

We see its your first post in the Seller Community, welcome! 🤗 

This sounds like quite the pickle 😂 but not to worry. Please reach out to our phone support here. This will also help them confirm as to whether the reader will be sent or not. 

Ordinarily, if you supplied the correct mailing address, it may still come. In the future, there is no need to deactivate your account if you entered the wrong email.

This can be corrected by calling into our Customer Success phone support or by logging into your account dashboard from a computer then going to Account & Settings. 

Hope this provides you a starting point!

I look forward to reading your reply.

Frida
Message 142 of 269

Thanks. But I received an error due to 2 attempts to change the email bc I didn’t know there was a drop down box for the verification to change so it was sending the verification to change the email address to the invalid email. I will try the phone support

Message 143 of 269
Square

@SS1 - So sorry to hear about the missing reader!  It typically takes 10 days for the reader to arrive, but it can occasionally take a little bit longer. If it has now been more than 10 days, the reader may have been lost in transit.

For status updates and estimated arrival time, keep an eye on the Order Status tab in the online Square Dashboard

If you need a reader immediately, you can purchase one at a local retailer. If you've just signed up your first reader is free. So, while magstripe readers cost $10 at retail stores, you’ll find a $10 redemption code within the packaging which you can enter at Squareup.com/redeem. Note: You can redeem only one redemption code per Square account and extra magstripe readers cost $10. 

You can also order a new reader by visiting your online Dashboard. You’ll receive an email confirmation as soon as it’s shipped.

Square Readers are not linked to any specific account holder or bank account, and they don’t need to be activated. Your personal information will not be compromised if your reader is lost, stolen, or shared between Square accounts.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 144 of 269

I think the question is "How can I check"?  Meaning I would like to see if it shipped or get a tracking number to find the status.  I too would like that information, a link to find the status of an order.  Where do I find it and if there isn;'t one, shouldn't there be?  I am awaiting a dock as well as 2 different marketing kits.

Message 145 of 269

i had the same question, and finally figured it out. go to your dashboard. click on the three white lines at top left of the page. go down and click on accounts and settings. scroll ALL the way to the bottom and you will see order status. as far as i can tell, that is the only place. couldn't find an email even saying i had ordered the stuff. 

Message 146 of 269

Why does Squareup make it so hard to track the status of your order???  I can find nowhere to see if my free square was shipped.  This is my second request to receive a square (which I will need on June 1st), as I ordered one on May 3rd but it never arrived. When I realized I had never gotten an email saying it had been shipped, I figured my order was lost in the system, so I re-ordered one yesterday (May 11). 

All other companies from which one orders online send an email letting you know that the item has been shipped and an estimated delivery date.  Each time I have only received an email saying the order is being "processed" and then there is no follow up, so I am concerned now that my orders are not actually being seen or addressed. 

As I said above, I tried looking for a place on the site to track my order and there does not seem to be anywhere to do that. Help!

Message 147 of 269