x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268
Admin

Hey @dfcramer, I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with getting your reader. You should have received a notification with your order details.

For status updates and estimated arrival time, keep an eye on the Order Status tab in the online Square Dashboard. If you need the reader before the indicated arrival time, you can also pick one up from a local retailer—we'll reimburse the $10 cost if it's your first reader.

Again, I apologize for the confusion. If this doesn't clear things up, please let our Customer Success Team know and they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 148 of 269

Tom, I appreciate your response to my question. On the Square site it is a challenge to find the "order status" tab, at least the way the website appears on my Mac laptop. I don't think the website is user friendly for new people. 

It would be helpful to have a link right on the "home" page to get to "order status". Or, the "order status" link that I did find at the very bottom of the list in "Account and Setting" should instead be right at the top where you have the "ACCOUNT" heading, (though the words "Account and Setting" imply that page would only be about the customer's name and banking info...not related to orders and shipments).  

For the past four days my order has still said "in processing" with no estimated delivery date indicated.  Why does it take so long to get the delivery process started? As I mentioned in my original note, I had put in an order at the very beginning of May and for some reason it was never processed on the site, so I had to begin again and now am concerned that my Square won't arrive by June 1st.

I will make contact again if I don't see any indication of it being shipped in the next couple of days. 

Thank you,

Diana Cramer

Syracuse, NY

Message 149 of 269

I ordered the square reader on July 30th - US-891688633

I think the package is lost. Can you send me another or can i pick from store?

Message 150 of 269
Alumni

Our Support team would be able to look into this with you, @shalugtm.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 151 of 269

Hi Sean,

So I ordered my first reader in November of 2020 during the time when mail was really backed up with USPS and everyone was getting their items weeks and months late. As a result, rather than the reader being sent to me it was returned to Square. How can I put in another order for a free reader since I never received my first one?

Message 152 of 269
Alumni

Have you tried getting in touch with our team directly yet?

We would be able to give you a hand with this, @lunarosevsteam!

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community👋

Valentina
Message 153 of 269

Ahh, thank you! I was having a bit of trouble locating this page. I will contact you all now. Thank you for being so prompt!!

Message 154 of 269
Alumni

So glad I was able to help, @lunarosevsteam!

Be sure to drop back here if you want help working through a business idea, or have a feature request to share

Valentina
Message 155 of 269

Please help me track a Square reader that was not received at the deliveryaddress. Order #US[redacted]

Message 156 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Hi @perfradii360, thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear you haven't received your reader just yet. Our Support team would be able to look into this for you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 157 of 269

My square reader has been out for delivery since July 30 and I still have not received it

Message 158 of 269
Alumni

We can help if you reach out directly, @Monadaniel

Please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading to this page to give us a call 📞 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 159 of 269

I ordered a reader days ago. I was told it would be here the 9th, 10th and 12th and still no reader! This is pathetic. I can’t even call anyone. This is the WORST service I have ever seen and I don’t think i want to do business with you. How do i request a refund or would i ever get it? My next step is to contact the Better Business Bureau. 

Message 160 of 269

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced @Cheyanna2017

If you ordered our Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader it should come with tracking information. Most of our hardware is delivered in 5 - 7 business days. Our Customer Success Team can help you track this reader, send you a new one if it's lost, or issue you a refund. 

If you would like to give us a call just follow the steps in Customer Code & Phone Number - Where is it? 

Message 161 of 269

I placed my order for my square over 15 days ago and it still has not arrived. Is there a customer service phone number I can call to see when my square will arrive?

Message 162 of 269

I ordered a strip reader on July 1, you show it was shipped via DHL, on July 2, with an expected delivery date of July 7.

The status has not changed since July 7, when it shows as being in Raleigh, NC at 11:51 pm July 6, then given to a delivery service provider at 1:58 am July 7.

No other updates, still shows an estimated delivery date of July 7 - it is now 5:31 pm July 10, no delivery!

Who is the delivery service provider?

How do I track & locate the package???

Is this what I can expect from Square in the future???

Message 163 of 269

Ordered a reader on 10/29 and received email that order is processing and haven’t received any other communication since. Will another email be sent indicating that it was shipped? 

Message 164 of 269
Super Seller Alumni

Under Account and Settings in your dashboard can track your orders.  Should arrive soon.   You can also purchase one at a local retailer.

Message 165 of 269
Super Seller

The free reader is on average 8-12 days.  Readers that are paid for usually are 4-6 days,  If you need one right now you can pick one up locally at a retailer. https://squareup.com/where-to-buy

Message 166 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “How long does it take to get the square?”. The original author has been notified via email.

How long does it take to get the square?

Message 167 of 269
Super Seller

The free reader is on average 8-12 days.  Readers that are paid for usually are 4-6 days,  If you need one right now you can pick one up locally at a retailer. https://squareup.com/where-to-buy

Message 168 of 269