x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

I just ordered a square, but I need it sooner than I will probably get it.  Can I cancel my order and get it locally?  

Message 169 of 269
Super Seller

You should be able to find a reader at a local big box store (Target, Walgreens, Best Buy, etc.). The reader does retail for $10 in stores, but there's a code inside to receive credit for the $10 when you use the reader. I'd suggest keeping your existing order, though, so you have a backup.

Message 170 of 269

Took me two days to find my reader (chip and touchless) locally, wish I'd have taken the time to hop over here two days ago.  Thanks for the link.

Message 171 of 269

Hello @hmiles, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your order. 

It sounds like you ordered our free Square Magstripe Reader. These readers typically take a maximum of 10 calendar days to reach their destination. If you're outside the of this time frame it's possible that the package was lost in the mail. The packaging for this reader is fairly small and they don't have a tracking number once they're handed from DHL to your local post office. 

If you need one in a pinch, you can find our hardware at local retailers like Best Buy, Staples, and The Apple Store. At retail locations the reader will cost $10 dollars plus tax, but there is a redemption code inside the packaging that will credit your Square Account $10 dollars. 

If you still have questions feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to help! 😊

Message 172 of 269

The problem is that Square is using DHL for these shipments! Your statement also is wrong "The packaging for this reader is fairly small and they don't have a tracking number once they're handed from DHL to your local post office.".  Once DHL turns it over to USPS, they issue a new Postal tracking #. Problem is, Square is not giving us proper DHL tracking numbers, making it nearly impossible to track it beyond the link you provide.   Mine has been sitting in Secaucus, NJ for almost 10 days now which is typical for DHL, but I can't even call DHL to put a tace on it becasue you can't give a valid tracking number! DHL is THE worst company to use for domestic shipments - I know this because I've been in logistics for over 15 years and any sensible company would not use them if they had half a clue how horrible they are.   If you have this many problems shipping a simple reader, how am I supposed to feel confident doing business with you? You'd think a company making this much money would be able to fix something this simple. 

Message 173 of 269

Hello @Jbeaner, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your free reader yet. 

Currently we use DHL to ship our free Magstripe Readers all of our other hardware is shipped via FedEx. In an effort to keep costs down and provide this reader for free to our sellers we have to make some concessions on the fulfillment side. I can confirm that we do not receive a USPS tracking code when this reader is handed off to your local post office. If we had this information we would provide it to you. 

With your background in logistics I'm sure you understand the intention of keeping costs as low as possible when producing/shipping a product in mass quantities for free. 

Since your free Magstripe Reader didn't make it to you within the shipping time frame, I recommend ordering another one from your Square Dashboard😊

Message 174 of 269

I agree with this post.  I have not had good success with DHL.  I am unable to TRACK my DHL package and suspect that it will be VERY SLOW in getting to me.  I may have to purchase, then get reimbursed from SQUARE, which costs all of us more time and money.  Please fix.

Message 175 of 269

My free card reader was supposed to arrive on the 10th. It was passed off to usps and now I can't track it. And it's 2 days late can I get another one sent if this one doesn't arrive? Should I call the post office with the dhl tracking number? 

Message 176 of 269

I ordered and paid for it on 9/8/2018 and its not showing as even shipped yet.

Thank you.

Message 177 of 269
Alumni

Hey @PrimGypsy!

Sorry to hear your order hasn't arrived yet! The steps to track it can be found within our Support Center. If you're still having issues locating it, feel free to reach out to our CS team and they can help you investigate further.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 178 of 269

I just signed up for a Square account, and requested the free magstripe reader with standard jack. I don't see a confirmation on the dashboard that this has been ordered, or what the expected ship/arrival date for the card reader is. How do I know when I will receive this? 

Message 179 of 269
Admin

👋Welcome to the seller community, @deannahncck!

Most sellers receive their reader within 7-10 business days. You can view your reader order status in the online Square Dashboard > Account & Settings > Order Status. If you do not see any orders on the list, you can place an order from the Card Reader tab.

For more information, have a look here: Get a Free Square Magstripe Reader

Hope this helps clear things up! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 180 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I order a square

I tried ordering a square with a lightning jack but was unable to do so and then it automatically directed me to the dashboard. How do I order one? 

Message 181 of 269
Super Seller

Message 182 of 269
Alumni

If you already placed an order for your free magstripe reader, you will have an order confirmation email that includes tracking information. The link included in that email will connect you to live tracking updates from the carrier. For status updates and estimated arrival time, keep an eye on the Order Status tab in your Dashboard.

If you do not have an order confirmation email, you may still need to order your free reader - you can do so once you've fully activated your Square account. If you aren't seeing the option to order a free reader while logged into your Square account on this page, you may need to complete a few more steps in order to complete account setup.

You can always purchase a magstripe reader in a store near you if you'd prefer to start processing payments today! If you go this route, you can use the redemption code included inside the packaging of the reader on this page to be credited for the $10 purchase.

• Note: You can redeem only one redemption code per Square account - additional magstripe readers cost $10 each. 

Square Readers are not linked to any specific account holder or bank account, and they don’t need to be activated. Your personal information will not be compromised if your reader is lost, stolen, or shared between Square accounts. You can learn more about the free reader process here, and get in touch with our Support team while logged into your Square account on this page.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 183 of 269

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How long before I get my square

I just signed up. How long before I get my square so I can start selling

Message 184 of 269
Alumni

It sounds like you haven't yet placed your order for your free Square Reader for magstripe. No worries, @Vildosolaj - I've moved your post to a thread where @Tom's Best Answer has included the instructions you'll want to follow in order to order your reader.

If you have any trouble following these directions, please give us a shout!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 185 of 269

Hello,

I signed up for Square on 10/26 and put in an order for the free card reader that same day. I received the email that it was shipped but there have been no tracking updates at all since 11/2 and I still have not received it. I realize it could take up to 10 business days, but I'm on the 8th business day and have seen many responses here saying it should only take a week. Help please.

Message 186 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Hi @wolfdivr

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. 

Readers usually arrive in about 10 days. When did you receive your order confirmation email for the reader? 

If it's been over 10 days since you received the shipping confirmation email, it might've gotten lost in transit to you. 

In that case, give our CS Team a call and they'll be able to get this taken care of for you. 

Message 187 of 269

I signed up a new account but still haven't received my card reader

Message 188 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Poka88

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. 

Check out the Best Answer for details around ETA and where you can track your reader shipping status.

Message 189 of 269