x

Where is my reader? How can I check the tracking?

Need to check status of Square, make sure shipped

Message 1 of 140
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@SS1 - So sorry to hear about the missing reader!  It typically takes 10 days for the reader to arrive, but it can occasionally take a little bit longer. If it has now been more than 10 days, the reader may have been lost in transit.

For status updates and estimated arrival time, keep an eye on the Order Status tab in the online Square Dashboard

If you need a reader immediately, you can purchase one at a local retailer. If you've just signed up your first reader is free. So, while magstripe readers cost $10 at retail stores, you’ll find a $10 redemption code within the packaging which you can enter at Squareup.com/redeem. Note: You can redeem only one redemption code per Square account and extra magstripe readers cost $10. 

You can also order a new reader by visiting your online Dashboard. You’ll receive an email confirmation as soon as it’s shipped.

Square Readers are not linked to any specific account holder or bank account, and they don’t need to be activated. Your personal information will not be compromised if your reader is lost, stolen, or shared between Square accounts.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 140
139 REPLIES 139
Square

Best Answer

@SS1 - So sorry to hear about the missing reader!  It typically takes 10 days for the reader to arrive, but it can occasionally take a little bit longer. If it has now been more than 10 days, the reader may have been lost in transit.

For status updates and estimated arrival time, keep an eye on the Order Status tab in the online Square Dashboard

If you need a reader immediately, you can purchase one at a local retailer. If you've just signed up your first reader is free. So, while magstripe readers cost $10 at retail stores, you’ll find a $10 redemption code within the packaging which you can enter at Squareup.com/redeem. Note: You can redeem only one redemption code per Square account and extra magstripe readers cost $10. 

You can also order a new reader by visiting your online Dashboard. You’ll receive an email confirmation as soon as it’s shipped.

Square Readers are not linked to any specific account holder or bank account, and they don’t need to be activated. Your personal information will not be compromised if your reader is lost, stolen, or shared between Square accounts.

Hope this helps! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 140

I think the question is "How can I check"?  Meaning I would like to see if it shipped or get a tracking number to find the status.  I too would like that information, a link to find the status of an order.  Where do I find it and if there isn;'t one, shouldn't there be?  I am awaiting a dock as well as 2 different marketing kits.

Message 3 of 140

i had the same question, and finally figured it out. go to your dashboard. click on the three white lines at top left of the page. go down and click on accounts and settings. scroll ALL the way to the bottom and you will see order status. as far as i can tell, that is the only place. couldn't find an email even saying i had ordered the stuff. 

Message 4 of 140

Why does Squareup make it so hard to track the status of your order???  I can find nowhere to see if my free square was shipped.  This is my second request to receive a square (which I will need on June 1st), as I ordered one on May 3rd but it never arrived. When I realized I had never gotten an email saying it had been shipped, I figured my order was lost in the system, so I re-ordered one yesterday (May 11). 

All other companies from which one orders online send an email letting you know that the item has been shipped and an estimated delivery date.  Each time I have only received an email saying the order is being "processed" and then there is no follow up, so I am concerned now that my orders are not actually being seen or addressed. 

As I said above, I tried looking for a place on the site to track my order and there does not seem to be anywhere to do that. Help!

Message 5 of 140
Admin

Hey @dfcramer, I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with getting your reader. You should have received a notification with your order details.

For status updates and estimated arrival time, keep an eye on the Order Status tab in the online Square Dashboard. If you need the reader before the indicated arrival time, you can also pick one up from a local retailer—we'll reimburse the $10 cost if it's your first reader.

Again, I apologize for the confusion. If this doesn't clear things up, please let our Customer Success Team know and they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account.

Tom [he/him/his]
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 140

Tom, I appreciate your response to my question. On the Square site it is a challenge to find the "order status" tab, at least the way the website appears on my Mac laptop. I don't think the website is user friendly for new people. 

It would be helpful to have a link right on the "home" page to get to "order status". Or, the "order status" link that I did find at the very bottom of the list in "Account and Setting" should instead be right at the top where you have the "ACCOUNT" heading, (though the words "Account and Setting" imply that page would only be about the customer's name and banking info...not related to orders and shipments).  

For the past four days my order has still said "in processing" with no estimated delivery date indicated.  Why does it take so long to get the delivery process started? As I mentioned in my original note, I had put in an order at the very beginning of May and for some reason it was never processed on the site, so I had to begin again and now am concerned that my Square won't arrive by June 1st.

I will make contact again if I don't see any indication of it being shipped in the next couple of days. 

Thank you,

Diana Cramer

Syracuse, NY

Message 7 of 140

Hi Sean,

So I ordered my first reader in November of 2020 during the time when mail was really backed up with USPS and everyone was getting their items weeks and months late. As a result, rather than the reader being sent to me it was returned to Square. How can I put in another order for a free reader since I never received my first one?

Message 8 of 140

Have you tried getting in touch with our team directly yet?

We would be able to give you a hand with this, @lunarosevsteam!

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community👋

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 140

Ahh, thank you! I was having a bit of trouble locating this page. I will contact you all now. Thank you for being so prompt!!

Message 10 of 140

So glad I was able to help, @lunarosevsteam!

Be sure to drop back here if you want help working through a business idea, or have a feature request to share

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 140

I ordered a strip reader on July 1, you show it was shipped via DHL, on July 2, with an expected delivery date of July 7.

The status has not changed since July 7, when it shows as being in Raleigh, NC at 11:51 pm July 6, then given to a delivery service provider at 1:58 am July 7.

No other updates, still shows an estimated delivery date of July 7 - it is now 5:31 pm July 10, no delivery!

Who is the delivery service provider?

How do I track & locate the package???

Is this what I can expect from Square in the future???

Message 12 of 140
Admin

Hello @hmiles, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your order. 

It sounds like you ordered our free Square Magstripe Reader. These readers typically take a maximum of 10 calendar days to reach their destination. If you're outside the of this time frame it's possible that the package was lost in the mail. The packaging for this reader is fairly small and they don't have a tracking number once they're handed from DHL to your local post office. 

If you need one in a pinch, you can find our hardware at local retailers like Best Buy, Staples, and The Apple Store. At retail locations the reader will cost $10 dollars plus tax, but there is a redemption code inside the packaging that will credit your Square Account $10 dollars. 

If you still have questions feel free to reach out to me. I would be happy to help! 😊

Message 13 of 140

The problem is that Square is using DHL for these shipments! Your statement also is wrong "The packaging for this reader is fairly small and they don't have a tracking number once they're handed from DHL to your local post office.".  Once DHL turns it over to USPS, they issue a new Postal tracking #. Problem is, Square is not giving us proper DHL tracking numbers, making it nearly impossible to track it beyond the link you provide.   Mine has been sitting in Secaucus, NJ for almost 10 days now which is typical for DHL, but I can't even call DHL to put a tace on it becasue you can't give a valid tracking number! DHL is THE worst company to use for domestic shipments - I know this because I've been in logistics for over 15 years and any sensible company would not use them if they had half a clue how horrible they are.   If you have this many problems shipping a simple reader, how am I supposed to feel confident doing business with you? You'd think a company making this much money would be able to fix something this simple. 

Message 14 of 140
Admin

Hello @Jbeaner, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your free reader yet. 

Currently we use DHL to ship our free Magstripe Readers all of our other hardware is shipped via FedEx. In an effort to keep costs down and provide this reader for free to our sellers we have to make some concessions on the fulfillment side. I can confirm that we do not receive a USPS tracking code when this reader is handed off to your local post office. If we had this information we would provide it to you. 

With your background in logistics I'm sure you understand the intention of keeping costs as low as possible when producing/shipping a product in mass quantities for free. 

Since your free Magstripe Reader didn't make it to you within the shipping time frame, I recommend ordering another one from your Square Dashboard😊

Message 15 of 140

I agree with this post.  I have not had good success with DHL.  I am unable to TRACK my DHL package and suspect that it will be VERY SLOW in getting to me.  I may have to purchase, then get reimbursed from SQUARE, which costs all of us more time and money.  Please fix.

Message 16 of 140

My free card reader was supposed to arrive on the 10th. It was passed off to usps and now I can't track it. And it's 2 days late can I get another one sent if this one doesn't arrive? Should I call the post office with the dhl tracking number? 

Message 17 of 140

I ordered and paid for it on 9/8/2018 and its not showing as even shipped yet.

Thank you.

Message 18 of 140
Admin

Hey @PrimGypsy!

Sorry to hear your order hasn't arrived yet! The steps to track it can be found within our Support Center. If you're still having issues locating it, feel free to reach out to our CS team and they can help you investigate further.

Puka - She/Her
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 19 of 140

Ordered a reader on 10/29 and received email that order is processing and haven’t received any other communication since. Will another email be sent indicating that it was shipped? 

Message 20 of 140
Super Seller Alumni

Under Account and Settings in your dashboard can track your orders.  Should arrive soon.   You can also purchase one at a local retailer.

Message 21 of 140