x

Why is the word "Regular" shown on my Item Sales report and my receipts?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Where is (regular) coming from?

Hi,  My receipts are printing with the name of the service booked online followed by "(regular)".  How do I remove the "(regular)"?  

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I reached out to the team that works on our reporting features, and can confirm that this is an expected behavior when looking at the Item Sales report, @mplsirishgirl.

The reason is that we want to be able to support variations that you may add to your items. If you have not created variations for your item, you will see the word Regular appear as a separate line item - where variations would appear if you had them.

I played around with this to see if I could come up with a workaround, but for now, this is a Feature Request. We'll be sure to hop back here and post in this thread if we have an update to share about the ability to change the appearance of this report.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hey @Underpinnings-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Before I answer this question, do you happen to use variations for your other items/services? Let me know, because I've seen in the past that items/services that don't have variations sometimes default to Regular

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 13

Yes, I believe I do have some items set with a variable - there are a few items that only I would check out someone with that can have a sliding scale price. All items that are bookable via online Square appointments are "regular" and that's where I'm having the issue with the receipts.

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Got it @Underpinnings!

When you add a variation, the original service gets renamed "Regular". From there you can go back and edit that in the service library. Does that work? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 13

Edit what in the service library?  You mean to remove all the items that have a variable setting?

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Edit the service itself, and then the variation:

Does that make sense? If not, let me know, or give us a call @Underpinnings

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 13

It makes sense but the item I'm trying to modify doesn't itself have a variation.  It's just one item with one fixed price!

I appreciate you chiming in!

Message 7 of 13
Alumni

I was able to get in touch with the team that is responsible for the feature associated with what you're seeing here, and can confirm that this is the expected behavior, @Underpinnings.

While there isn't a way to remove the parentheses entirely, you can edit the content between them. For example, you could include a message about the item, or put a simple "thank you" in this space:

I hope this helps! Let us know if having the ability to remove the parentheses altogether is something that would be useful for you - I'd be more than happy to pass that feedback along to our Product team.

Valentina
Message 8 of 13

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Item shows "Regular"

When printing sales reports under each item is listed the word "Regular" and the price of the item again. It gets confusing. How do I get "regular" off my items?

Message 9 of 13
Alumni

Best Answer

I reached out to the team that works on our reporting features, and can confirm that this is an expected behavior when looking at the Item Sales report, @mplsirishgirl.

The reason is that we want to be able to support variations that you may add to your items. If you have not created variations for your item, you will see the word Regular appear as a separate line item - where variations would appear if you had them.

I played around with this to see if I could come up with a workaround, but for now, this is a Feature Request. We'll be sure to hop back here and post in this thread if we have an update to share about the ability to change the appearance of this report.

Valentina
Message 10 of 13

Please get rid of the REGULAR line that appears for each item!  It really screws up our reports and is TOTALLY unnecessary!  Thank you!

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

Greetings.  Has there been an update to the feature request to get rid of REGULAR that appears in all of the reporting?   I try to run a simple item sales report for my staff and we cant do a screen shot of our own reports because it is so confusing too read.   Coors Light 8 $32 and right under that Regular 8 $32.  I get what you are trying to tell us in regards to it being a placeholder "in case" we want to add a variation but have offered no real reason why we can't create an item and have the option to not ever have a variation for that item, thus eliminating the need for the "regular".    

Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

@TabithaBettina ;

You would need to Export your Items Catalog and edit the Variation Column from Regular to any other name you want to appear on your Receipt and for reports.   Then upload your Updated catalog to Square, be sure to choose Modify when uploading or however this is worded now.  If you have multiple Variations you can edit the one Variation Regular from your dashboards Items and find the Item with the multiple variations.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 13 of 13