x

Why are my monthly and yearly collected totals different?

Going through my monthly and yearly sales reports, if I manually add the total collected per month I get a different total than the report that summarizes the total collected for all of 2017. By almost a thousand dollars. Though I thought at first it was my calculating error, I've added the monthly totals 3 times and it's showing the same thing. The yearly report is saying I collected about a thousand dollars more than the monthly reports.

Am I missing something, or is there a problem with the reports?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I just copied all my monthly net sales for last year into a spreadsheet and it matches to the penny.

are you adding up the same column (sales, refunds, and net )

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Just took a look at mine and they are spot on.  I looked at the Payment Method report.  Clicked on each month and totaled them up then clicked on last year and it matched.  If you are selecting start and end date for each month instead of clicking on the month at the top of the calendar there is a chance you missed a day in one of the months.

Message 2 of 5

I click on the sales category in the list on the left side of the screen. In the dates parameter, I click the last year button, then the monthly tab to see my monthly breakdowns. Then I click the Summary tab to see the whole year.

So it should be the same time period, with the reports broken into monthly and the whole year reports. But my Collected totals are different.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

I just copied all my monthly net sales for last year into a spreadsheet and it matches to the penny.

are you adding up the same column (sales, refunds, and net )

https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary

Message 4 of 5

Ok, yeah I was looking at the monthly total instead of the card total. And the montly includes cash payments.

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 5