x

I was unable to be verified for credit card processing. What can I do?

Hi, my company and I are new to US - came laste year. I have everything - LLC, EIN number, Bankaccount, SSN, permanet address etc - but can't register. System suggest me to try with previsus address/names - but for obivius reasons I dont have that. Please help

Message 1 of 80
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry for the trouble, @zignavisual and @Hope.

The questions you see while activating are populated by an identity verification system. I don't have access to the questions and I don't have a workaround for you. We're required by our banking partners to verify our customers' identity.  If we're unable to verify your identity via this method, there's nothing more I can do.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @SarahCantuba! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread about sign-up troubles.

There's really not more we can do to assist with this process but you can try these tips to see if they help you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

The system is unable to verify my identity and I have been unsuccessful in trying to get any help. Now, I am not given any more attempts to enter my information. 

If I deactivate my account and open a new one will I be able to try again?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 64 of 80

Hey there, @ShavedIceCo -

Welcome to the Community. 

I moved your post to an existing thread for this.

Unfortunately there isn't anything further we can do as we cannot assist with the identity verification process or see what information is being inputted that doesn't match up.

You can try these tips from the Support Center but that's all I can advise. 

Kassi
Message 65 of 80

So I’m new to square and I have done everything I could think of to make it where I can accept credit card payments but nothing has worked does anyone know how to fix this issue what can I do? 

Message 66 of 80
Super Seller

Hi @Acole0525 

Was all the information entered correctly with no typos?  The smallest error can cause an issue.

Here is an article on some troubleshooting that may be of some help if you have'n't tried so already.

Hope this helps. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 67 of 80

We are using Square for our high school store.  I am unable to verify to set up because there is not an individual for date of birth etc...to input.  I have the name, address, EIN, etc...for the district that will be the overall manager of the store.  What can I do?

Message 68 of 80

Hi @LHHS1 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread for verifying your identity.

Check out the answers above for details. 

Due to card processing regulations, all accounts have to have an account owner who is identity verified. You'll need to delegate one person to own the Square account. Preferably someone who is going to stay with the company since it can't ever be changed.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 69 of 80

This is not an official business with an owner.  It is a public school.  Any suggestions for what I can do?

Message 70 of 80

There is no other options @LHHS1

As mentioned, every account has to have an account holder. You can't make an account under an entire business or organization.

Ashley C
Message 71 of 80

Just signed up, I am trying to verify identity but it sends me to the sign up form, and nothing happens, have tried a number of times, same thing, sign up form then says login. Not sure if this site is configured properly because the email contact just has a circling icon and nothing shows.

So how do I verify my identity?

Message 72 of 80

I have been trying to finish my verification and it won't let me. Every time I go to verify my identity, it just shows me the screen saying I can't take credit card payments without letting me enter my information. I made sure all of my information is correct too. I emailed customer service and they said there was nothing they could do to help either. I really need this for my business to flow.

Message 73 of 80

Hello, 

I am trying to complete my set up and I am stuck in the section titled take my first payment. I have entered in the information 3 times and I cannot progress. Please help. 

Message 74 of 80

I am unable to verify my identity. Just starting an account. All the information is correct.  What can i do? Is there a number I can call?

Message 75 of 80

I entered the correct information when attempting to verify my account and it continues to take me to a screen that says: "Unfortunately, we were unable to activate your account or verify your identity based on the information you gave us. You only have a limited number of attempts to verify your information." Not sure what the issue is...

Message 76 of 80

Why verify identity does not work, asked this months ago still not working, just sends you to the sign up form and nothing happens, still saying verify your identity. Fix this or is Square not for international sellers, say so.

Message 77 of 80

Hey i changed the phone number and tried again and it worked! So try changing your phone number and then u can edit it after you are approved

Message 78 of 80

I can’t seem to set up my Square up to accept credit cards anymore and I don’t know how to get through this hurdle. I must've done something wrong the first time, and now I'm not getting to try again. It said on the Trouble shooting page" If you’ve been declined once, head to the online Dashboard, sign in, read the instructions and click ‘Try Again’. If identity verification is unsuccessful, you will be unable to process payments with Square at this time." How long is "At this time" or am I just going to have to delete my current account and start a new one?

Message 79 of 80

Hi @CMD2 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed having trouble with Identity Verification.

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @GEORGE, which has been marked as the Best Answer.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 80 of 80